1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be the best player out of high school? KG, Kobe, TMac, Bender, or Miles?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LiLStevie3, Sep 15, 2000.

1. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

I think KG is and in the long run will still be the best highs school player. I don't think Kobe will be better than him. I heard Darius and Jonathan Bender will both be huge stars in the future and will have skills similar to KG. I think Tracy will also be a huge star as well.
    1.KG
    2.Kobe
    3.Bender
    4.TMac
    5.Miles
    That's my opinion. I feel that Bender, Tracy, and Darius all have the potential to be better than Kobe, because I feel that while Kobe would be a star without Shaq, he wouldn't be as big of a star, since Shaq helps Kobe in so many ways.

------------------
    "See they pick and pick and pick. Man they picked me to death."
    -Steve Francis on the Utah Jazz

2. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Miles will be top 3.

------------------
    "You look a team that's been to the mountaintop like the Houston Rockets, I'm going to put pressure on myself to be the best possible player that I can be. With the pieces they already have in place and myself, we can do some amazing things next season."

Maurice Taylor

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

None of them will ever be as good as Moses Malone was.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

5. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

BobFinn*,

Thank you... Big Mo was a dominant force, and a two-time (or was it three-time) NBA MVP.

Also you left off: Shawn Kemp and Dennis Rodman (sorta)

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

[This message has been edited by DREAMer (edited September 15, 2000).]

6. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

3 time MVP, DREAMer. 2 with Houston and 1 with Philly.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

7. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I would take Kobe by a hair over Garnett. However, even though I don't know anything about Miles, I can't underestimate him:

MJ said: 'I love Miles. The kid can play. He's a tall, skinny kid like Kevin Garnett, with great skills. He would be great for a young team. I would take him with the No. 1 pick [overall] in a heartbeat.'

Who is this Michael Jordan character? Does he know what he's talking about? [​IMG]

Seriously, I seem to remember Jordan saying that he would take Kobe on his team before he would take Vince. Am I crazy? Can someone find this quote for me?

------------------
    Jazzkiller

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

1. Moses Malone
    2. Kobe Bryant
    3. Kevin Garnett
    4. Shawn Kemp
    5. DeShawn Stevenson
    6. Jonathan Bender
    7. Tracy McGrady
    8. Al Harrington
    9. Rashard Lewis
    10,Darius Miles
    11.Jermaine O'Neal
    12.Korleone Young
    13.Leon Smith

Pretty hard to judge just how good some of these guys will be! Stevenson WILL be awesome in just a few years - he can shoot and pass with the best of them and he can JUMP!! Incredible. That's all I can say about him.

Miles may never be anything - he's long/lean but he can't shoot from outside the charge line. If he never learns to shoot then he'll never be any better than Carlos Rogers.

Bender is another freakishly talented all-rounder and Al Harrington will be pretty darn good one day too!!

------------------

9. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Guys, I meant the young guys in the game right now. I wasn't talking about Moses or Kemp although they both made the jump to pros seem easy. I just listed the most talk anout high schoolers so far as Rashard, Deshawn, or Al Harrington haven't been as hyped as KG, Kobe, TMAc. Bender, or Darius Miles, although in the long run they could be just as good or better. I think that KG is much better than Kobe. Kobe needs Shaq to help him. When Kobe gets stuck in the air, he sees Shaq's big body in the lane, so he dumps it off to him. When Kobe plays D, he knows his man isn't going to drive on him with Shaq patroling the lane so he can play up closer to his man, without worrying about the drive. When Kobe is in a slump, he can just ride Shaq's shoulder and throw him alley hoops until he gets going. But KG has the whole team on his shoulders and he can do so many things. He is already in the top 3 players of the league along with Duncan and Shaq. I think Kobe is kind of like Scottie in the way Scottie relies and Jordan and Kobe relies on Shaq. But I think if Kobe didn't have the Big Aristotle he would still be an all-star and maybe a superstar, but he wouldn't be top 10 in the league.

------------------
    "See they pick and pick and pick. Man they picked me to death."
    -Steve Francis on the Utah Jazz

10. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

im making this as a preview not a ranking of them right now

Garnett(so talented)
    Miles
    Lewis
    Stevenson and kobe, pretty even
    Mcgrady
    Bender
    Harrington
    Oneal-pacers with 3 guys in top 10, uh-oh!
    cant think of anymore

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Magic Johnson did OK his first two years out of HS.

------------------

12. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

bender is limited in his potential. I don't see him doing anything special. He's jermaine o'neal with a better jumper. Miles will be good probably a star but not a player that will take over the league.In my opinion KG and Kobe are clearly the 2 best high school prospects of this group

------------------

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Darius Miles might never be anything more than a shotblocking Stacey Augman!!!

At least that's how it looks at the moment!!

I still like Benders game - same with Harrington and Lewis. These guys are all SO versatile! One of them will be a big time star in a couple of years (my tip is that it'll be bender!)

------------------

14. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

i think it will be lewis out of that group... if i were rudy i would have picked lewis right after i got dickerson. drew? turkcan(biggest mistake ever)

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Actually Turkcan might not be so bad. Detroit looks to be a lottery team for the near future, so that pick we get from them might be in the lottery, where potentially we could get someone better than Lewis. Personally, I like Lewis a lot, and I think he'll be better than T-Mac, Bender, and Miles. But VJ- no way he'll come close to KG or Kobe.

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

4th Friday of August= Rocket Day
    1999-Steve Francis
    2000-Maurice Taylor

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

KG, who is already the best player in the league! (well top three anyways)

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads are not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    4. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN or be Assimilated.

17. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

KG
    KG
    KG

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Cat;
    Lewis is intruiging! He has all the skills and has the size at 6'10 to play so many different positions. It's really up to him to see just how good he really can be! Will he be a night to night contributor? Or just a once a week power gamer?

He's still young (would be his junior year at college this year) and given 2 more years we could be hailing him as a dominant player!

------------------

19. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

20. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Originally posted by vj23k:
    i think it will be lewis out of that group... if i were rudy i would have picked lewis right after i got dickerson. drew? turkcan(biggest mistake ever)
    --------------------------------------------
    OK, you are killing me here. KG is on a totally different level than Lewis....a much higher level. Don't get me wrong, Lewis has game, but KG is easily a top 5 all around player in the league!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."