1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be the BEST PG for the Rockets next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Jul 6, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who will be the BEST PG for the Rockets next season?

1. Jeremy Lin

252 vote(s)
    72.6%
  2. Patrick Beverley

69 vote(s)
    19.9%
  3. Isaih Canaan

26 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

If we just look at the last 4 games in the playoffs between OKC and HOU (after both Lin and RWB was out), basically you had Beverley averaging 11 points and less than 2 assists per game in heavy minutes, vs Reggie Jackson averaging just over 17 points and 3.5 assists per game in heavy minutes.

Beverley shot 4-15 from 3pt, Jackson shot 7-23. Beverley shot 37.5% in the regular season, Jackson shot 23.1%.

Both had 17 rebounds in the last 4 games.

So if Beverley wasn't outplaying OKC's backup PG, who wasn't considered a breakout rookie, when he was put into a starting role, then ...

2. Star

Star Member

Lol nice try short****3, you r****ded.

3. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

What I witnessed when Lin left NY last year was disgusting and I thought could never be surpassed... until now. The pure hatred for Howard in the last 24 hours on twitter, YouTube and bulletin boards is astounding. I think we may very well have the two most polarizing basketball players in the league. I still put Lin as the most hated over Howard though, something about his Asian ethnicity that spurs haters to spew forth vomit from deep down inside.

No doubt Lin has weaknesses and he was the first to admit it in his exit interview. Something about him though makes me think he's going to work hard and improve. Actually, I like his humble no drama nature.

People rag on Lin for his playoff performances. I think this is totally unfair. In NY he had meniscus surgery (same as Westbrook). Why didn't people dump on Westbrook for not playing? He played 1 bad game against OKC (his first playoff game). Quite frankly the whole team looked shell-shocked. He played well in the first half of the second game and got injured with a chest contusion. Now this is when the hatred started to spew forth and people called him a wimp. That was pathetic. He tried to go and that was a mistake you can blame on him but he is not a wimp. The decision was taken out of his hands and played off the bench in the final game with body armor... And yes, he played badly. I don't think he deserves to be written off under those circumstances.

It's been a wild ride for Lin in the last 1.5 years since sleeping on team mates couch to knee surgery to coming to a new (I mean completely new) team. I think he has come along way and that experience is strength that will help him improve. I'd be willing to give him the starting PG job over Beverley and Canaan this year. I hope he can have another break out season. And as true Rocket's fans, you should be wishing that too.

4. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Lin is probably working like mad this summer and he will only get better than last year. u can pretty much bank on that.

I cant wait to see LOH's faces when Lin turns it around next season.

5. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

I remember a thread where people were talking about how Lin was such a scrub that they either had better handles than him or could beat him outright 1v1. This is the general opinion that people have towards a starting PG in the NBA. I scratch my head sometimes, and I tend to bleed because I scratch too hard.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Stop it, there's no question it's Jeremy, stop disrespecting him like that!

7. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

It's not about respect. It's simply because the general consensus is that he's "overpaid, under-performing, and anyone and their mother is a better player than him." Now, we can make the case that Beverley is a better fit because his skill set is more suited towards the style that we're moving in the general direction of. It's going to be a hybrid of Orlando/What we had going for us, with Howard in the paint surrounding him with shooters that can defend well. Harden is the play maker/drive into the paint and kick.

Lin's skill set becomes redundant and marginalized because his other areas, specifically 3pt shooting and defense is not up to par. If he improves in these areas, than I say we keep Lin 100% because you always take talent over role.

8. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

~lol~ You're dammed right, good observations.

You gotta understand tho, if there's no LinTrolls, I won't be TrolLin'.

9. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

[​IMG]

10. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

[​IMG]

Injury happens.:(

11. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

lin. beverley looks very promising as well. i believe beverley will serve well as a backup for both lin and harden.

12. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I know right..

13. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I live beverley but hes not exactly the best shooter either..

14. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Well then..