1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be the BEST PG for the Rockets next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Jul 6, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who will be the BEST PG for the Rockets next season?

1. Jeremy Lin

252 vote(s)
    72.6%
  2. Patrick Beverley

69 vote(s)
    19.9%
  3. Isaih Canaan

26 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

You people are crazy. Bev is not a starting point guard. Amazing how houston overvalues him. Canaan, taken in the 2nd round and never played a single nba minute and he's good enough to start? I know houston fans are not that stupid.

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Lin will be great with Howard. Tyson Chandler amplified his abilities, so Howard should do the same and more.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I picked Lin but in fairness Beverley is every bit as good as Mario Chalmers with more upside. The guy came in from day one as a rookie and played like a seasoned vet. Now as a 2nd year player he is bound to be even better.

Canaan was picked only a few picks beyond where Tony Parker was picked and if anything, we should have learned by now NOT to undervalue a 2nd rounder drafted by Daryl Morey.

4. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Chalmers is better than Beverley.

5. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Lowry, Dragic, Douglas, Machado, Beverley, Brooks, Canaan.... yup, AnyoneButJeremy

About 3-pt shooting: Pretty sure the 3-point distance in college basketball is different from the NBA.

6. hbomb

hbomb Member

linlinlinlinlinlinlinlinHUHlinlinilnlininOHlinlinlinANOTHERlinlinlinlinTHEADlinilinlinlinTRADElinlinlinRUMOURSlinlinlinROYCEWHITElinlinlinlinlinHARDENSHAVESBEARDlinlinlinlin.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Obviously you know nothing about Canaan's game. His range is out to about 28 feet.

8. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

You realize it'll be much harder for Lin to penetrate with a post presence? If you thought he was a spot up shooter last year, he will be even more of a spot up shooter this year.

Ever play bball and try to drive with one of your teammates down low? Now imagine that with a 7'0 265 lber in the paint.

9. crash5179

Not even by a little bit IMO. Chalmers is a very good defender and a nice complimentary piece on offense but he does absolutely nothing better than Pat with the exception of being a moderately better 3pt shooter (and I do mean moderately).

10. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Well, I'm an ABJ (Anybody But Jeremy).

I just want Lin off this team. I'm getting desperate because if we don't get rid of him soon, with the way his contract is structured, we may be stuck with him for 2 more years!

Now that Dwight is coming, Jeremy has a chance to really shine.

I'd hate that. Maybe I'm gonna start some random trade ideas, anything that includes the possibility of getting Jeremy out of here!

Let's see. How about Calderon!!! Don't care for him much but ABJ all the way!

11. seahawk

seahawk Member

Who shoots the best 3pts will be the best PG.
    Sad but true.

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Well it's a PG thread. Lin is a PG

13. cml750

cml750 Member

Jeremy by far if he is still with the team.

14. crash5179

You mean like Omer Asik? So you think Asik was out on the 3pt line last season? Lin and Harden will still attack the rim in the half court game but they will likely be even more lethal since D12's defender will not be able to cheat off of him like Asiks defender was.

Lin and Harden are so good at finishing at the rim that D12 is going to get an awful lot of easy baskets from lob passes courtesy of Lin and Harden. And Lin and Harden will also get easier baskets in the post them selves since defenders will be afraid to leave D12.

15. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Actually pretty decent after the allstar break - some please pull out the data.
    Lin's 3 point scoring is up curve. the data is there.

16. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Lin has a bag skills which will be come and realized now that Dwight is here.
    His ability to assist.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

I bet half of Lin's votes came from LOFs.

18. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

and sorry i going to say again - 3rd most votes in the western conference after cps and kobe. Sorry bro, Lin supporters outnumber ABJs.

but heck he might be traded . who knows.

19. seahawk

seahawk Member

And I bet ALL those who voted Canaan are LOH/ABJ.

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

hmm lets see...the starter, the backup, or the 2nd round draft pick?

hmm tough question...ima go with...none, and say the best pg will be the one who doeesnt have a thread about him on clutchfans