1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be Fired/Resign Next In The Trump Administration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pirc1, Jul 31, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Did anyone have acting DHS secretary Elaine Duke on their Bingo cards?

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Why any self respecting conservative with any integrity would want to work for this administration is beyond me.

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Book Deal with the possibly of a short stay at a Federal Prison. What's not to like?

pirc1 likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

Consumer protection... who needs it?

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Actually, this is the very reason they are reduced to hiring folks like DeVos, Perry, Flynn, Carson, Manafort, Bannon, ad infinitum...

6. NewRoxFan

Trump only brings in the best and the brightest...

DHS official resigns over past racial remarks
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...faith-outreach-chief-resigns-over-past-racial

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It seems like everytime a scrub resigns or leaves in disgrace, Trump signs an exec order to repeal something Obama did, no matter how big or small.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

No thread for democrats wanting to impeach trump?

9. Buck Turgidson

This is a much bigger deal than people are making of it.

The dismantling off ALL the protections (consumer and economy-wide) put in place after we learned our last (recent!) quasi-catastrophic financial sector lesson has been a stated goal. It is well underway.

10. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. NewRoxFan

Who would have even thought Trump had an Ethics Lawyer? Though anyone could guess why this guy quits...Trump White House ethics lawyer exits
    https://www.politico.com/blogs/unde.../trump-white-house-ethics-lawyer-exits-260542

KingCheetah likes this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

yes, I feel so unprotected without a consumer protection agency, how will I be able to consume safely without these bureaucrats that didn't exist prior to 2010?

That agency is mad with power and needs to be abolished, it is funded without congressional authorization, and now the director presumes to appoint his own replacement, someone neither appointed or approved by any elected body.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I remember on NPR I believe a proponent of the Trump admin stated the same thing and then a rational human asked this : Name one overreach that you disagree with from this office since it was created.

Didn't have one single example. I'll ask you the same.

14. Commodore

https://t.co/L8xAEm8dNH

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I do think the structure of the CFPB is a bit ridiculous. How do you get in a position where you have an agency that has a director appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate, but the president doesn't name the acting director? This is a fight that shouldn't exist. Does the CFPB need autonomy from the president more than other agencies do? Even the acting director of the FBI -- which does have good reason to stand autonomous from the president -- ultimately serves at the president's pleasure. It looks to me like they tried to write the legislation in a way that would somewhat protect the agency from the presidency with bureaucratic tricks because they knew it would be toast as soon as a Republican took office. A prescient concern, but an inappropriate solution.

16. Major

Major Member

You avoided his question. He didn't ask about the structure of the agency, but about their actions. Do you disagree that PHH was involved in a kickback scheme? Do you disagree with any of the $12 billion or so it has directly recovered and put into consumer hands?

17. Buck Turgidson

You're talking to a guy who wants all government regulation to vanish. So take that into consideration.

Survival of the fittest, just like Ayn Rand wanted.

18. Commodore

http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/27/perfect-time-destroy-consumer-financial-protection-bureau/

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I really would like nothing more than to beat the **** out of the current President. He's a true ****ing scumbag.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack
    By Dan Merica, CNN

Updated 3:30 PM ET, Mon November 27, 2017

• [paste:font size="5"]
    President Donald Trump, during an event at the White House honoring Navajo code talkers Monday, referenced his nickname for Sen. Elizabeth Warren, "Pocahontas," a label he has long used about the Massachusetts Democrat.

"I just want to thank you because you are very, very special people. You were here long before any of us were here," Trump said. "Although, we have a representative in Congress who has been here a long time ... longer than you -- they call her Pochahontas!"
    He then turned to one of the code talkers behind him, put his left hand on the man's shoulder and said: "But you know what, I like you. You are special people."