1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who steps up in game 6?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, May 14, 2015.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We all know that Doc will make the proper adjustments in game 6. He's an experienced coach and will find a way to neutralize the Rockets. Who has the ability to be our Hero for game 6? Someone else is going to have to step up to the plate and win it for us. Ariza will not have the same looks. Harden will have a harder time doing what he did in game 5. It is up to someone else besides Dwight to show up for game 6. I am hoping it is Josh Smith but I am not holding my breath. Terry? Brewer?

2. Flop

Flop Member

The bigger question is how do we stay in front of CP3, defend the pick and roll and cutoff penetration without giving up the open three to their shooters or a wide open dunk under the rim/lob.

3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i say brewer.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Joey Crawford.

5. Asian Sensation

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Milk Hair

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

All i can think of when i see Paul's face are those dumb state farm comercials.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Josh Smith and Corey Brewer + typical above average performance from Harden/Howard.

Otherwise we're finished.

10. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG] Envisioning a 40 pt night from Big Game James & a 20/20 dub dub for Superman [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Smith is due. But if he heats up the fouling will start.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

When you reach the last games of a series there are not any significant adjustments being made. everything at this point is about execution and the better team coming out with a W.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You would hope everyone will step up tonight. At least at the defensive end. You can control that. Shots sometimes aren't gonna fall, but I honestly believe if the Rockets give it everything they've got on D, they'll have a good chance to steal this one in the 4th quarter.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I'll say Ariza or Brew. Hopefully both. :)

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We just don't have those kind of bullets in the chamber right now IMO. Brewer, Smith, Ariza... you're talking about 3 guys with poor FG%'s. Keep the focus on defense. Keep Redick, Crawford, Rivers in check. If we wind up having to count on someone like Brewer to win on the road we're doomed. Maybe Jones can get hot off the bench if Jordan is in foul trouble on the bench. At least that's reasonable.

16. Nook

Nook Member

This is a HUGE game (obviously). We will get the absolute best shot from the Clippers tonight because they want to close this one out. They were in the inverse of this situation last round against the Spurs and came back from a 3-2 deficit after pulling away from the Spurs late in the 4th in game 6.

Yoyo put it best, let Paul and Griffin get their points, but limit the secondary players. Also, the Rockets really need to shoot well outside. I would say hit free throws but that just isn't going to happen.

17. Nook

Nook Member

He can have a big game....... it is a given, but that won't be why the Rockets lose.

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I'd say everyone, including Capela. Would love to see it. Idk I'm nervous.

19. rocketsmetalspd

The bench will step up tonight and Terry will have a past Terry like playoff game 20 + pt game.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The Rockets need to go hard at Jordan and attack the rim immediately. I don't care if they miss or get blocked on their first ten attempts at the rim. They have got to set a tone of being aggressive and hopefully get DJ into foul trouble.