1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who should we draft ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by darksoul35, Jul 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Assuming we get a top pick next year and we keep all our rookies who should we draft?.I would take Noel.

2. Relentless

Relentless Member

Wtf? A little early huh?

3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

4. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Everybody is talking about tanking.Im just wondering what would be a good fit.

5. Relentless

Relentless Member

Well, being as we're 4 MONTHS from the start of the season, I think you're way too early.

6. thatrocketsdude

thatrocketsdude New Member

I think it would be smarter to take him over muhammed if everyone is wanting Howard so bad.Its probably gonna be kind of a weak draft though

7. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Why discuss anything we should just shut the whole site down until the season starts.Im just saying if we are in rebuilding mode i would say to hell with Howard and take my chances with a rookie center next year on top of the young guns we have.It would be a hell of a good start.

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

At least put it in the right section

9. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I have no idea what that means.help a cracka out on that one pimp.

10. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

This is WAY too early to discuss who we should draft. First of all, give the players a chance to sort themselves out in rankings. A year in college makes a HUGE difference. Secondly, we have no idea what our draft position would be, let alone which draft picks we'll actually have. I understand that your assumption is that we have a top pick, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. And finally, this off-season isn't even close to being over. We have no clue what our team is going to look like coming out of the 2012-2013 season.

However, I'll play along. The answer is, Best Player Available. The Houston Rockets do not draft based on need or fit. ;)

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Pretty great thread. I'll bookmark it and return in 11 months to give you my answer.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Clearly, we need to be aggressive trying to land Alex Poythress and Tony Mitchell. CJ Leslie with the Dallas pick if we get it.

Many legit 7 footers projected to be declaring, but we need to steer clear of them. You'll never land a superstar dangling a true center as bait.

13. Numero.Uno

Numero.Uno Member

Honestly, I have no idea what to expect from this team. But, let's say Lamb turns out to be a legit scorer and Houston is happy with the progression of Parsons at the 3. Also, let's assume Houston is drafting in the top 8 either because of their pick, Toronto's pick of trading their pick and Toronto's pick to move up into the top 8 or so. Then, I would think some names to remember would be someone like Steven Adams, who is a legit 7 foot center and is going to Pitt next season. If we are assuming Zeller and Noel are the top big men drafted (whether you call those two centers or power forwards) then I would think Adams would be attainable in the picks 5-8 range.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

There is a forum on this site dedicated to the draft at http://bbs.clutchfans.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15. Draft talk goes there. When the draft is getting close, a lot of draft threads do pop up in this forum once the exact picks the Rockets have and the mock drafts start getting more refined.

1 person likes this.
  15. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Shabazzzzzz.

16. rocketfaithful

Kyle Anderson. he is a one of the smoothest and skilled players coming out of high school

17. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Good lookin out.

18. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Poythress is lookin like he is gonna be dope.I know its early but im a huge kentucky fan almost as much as the rockets so i want as many KY players as possible.Only if it makes us better though.Jones will but im just as excited to see white play.I think dudes gonna be a beast.

19. Garner

Garner Member

We should draft better Rookies onto this board.