1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who should start in place of Battier?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Braga, Feb 24, 2011.

?

Who should start in place of Battier?

1. Budinger

27.1%
  2. Williams

39.4%
  3. Lee

33.5%
  1. Braga

Braga Rookie

Will Budinger or Williams be given Battier's starting spot? Maybe Courtney Lee?

I personally think it should be Williams or Lee because a starting lineup with

Lowry
    Martin
    Budinger
    Scola
    Hayes

would be horrific on defense.

Who do you think takes Battiers spot?

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

TWILL. I just want to see him get some burn. :( If he is terrible, put him back to the bench and put Lee at SG with Martin at SF.

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

The Dragic/ Twill second unit backcourt should be fun to watch.

Lowry/Dragic
    Martin/T-Willy
    Lee/Budinger
    Patterson/Scola
    Hayes/Miller

4. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Thats tough but easy. I think Adelman if I know him well enough picks Budinger. Simple as that because he is a veteran player in his system. Thats the way Adelman does things. If Twill somehow plays his way into that position later. Obviously it will be him if he proves himself with enough playing time.

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Bud earned it with the way he's played recently. Let Terrence prove he deserves it. As for Lee, I'm pretty much through with playing guys at their unnatural positions. It's counter productive in the long run.

7. anchel

anchel Member

I just voted TWill because I think he can be paired with SFs (and rebound against them) more naturally than Lee.

8. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Budinger should start. As young as he is, with more minutes I'd expect him not only to be more productive, but to also improve his defense. It might not be pretty initially, but it is necessary. Besides, I think Williams will get a lot more time now backing up the 1, 2, and 3.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Lee, with Bud sharing the minutes at the 3 spot. Sure, Lee is undersized for a 3, but I'd rather have him starting games. It's time. Martin owns his logical spot in the rotation, and deservedly so, so put Lee at the three. It'll be interesting seeing that play out. It wouldn't surprise me if Adelman started Bud, though, because Lee's nice off the bench and more consistent than Chase. Williams will see his minutes increase, which I like, but I can't see him starting this season.

10. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

It's important that we set the tone defensively first. TWill should start.

11. vergel

vergel Member

I Think it would be NICE! :cool:

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If T-Will can play some decent defense, he should start.

I have nightmares when I envision C-Bud guarding Kobe. He may foul out in less than 10 minutes.

13. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I'd guess it would be between Budd and Lee. Lee is more of a shooting guard, but Buddinger/Martin would be a mess defensively.

Williams is not likely to start any time soon. Perhaps eventually, but players don't go from getting zero minutes and not even being on the active roster to starter. I wouldn't even be shocked if he doesn't see any significant playing time increase, certainly there have been games where players have been out and he has not played so far this year. In part it depends on why he isn't playing. I wouldn't be surprised if it has to do with his attitude and immaturity issues more than his skills on the court since that was the reason he was traded from the nets in the first place. Of course since the Rocket's don't make any of that public, fans will no doubt blame Adelman for not hating young players (even though Jordan Hill is the same age and Buddinger and Patterson are younger than Williams).

14. alcatrazpsycho

Why is this board so obsessed with T-Will? How do they expect a guy who couldn't break the rotation be the starter now?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

He doesn't even consider himself a SF. Don't get me wrong, I think he ought to be "freed," but...

15. Dlawson

Dlawson Member

The dragon should start at the two and move kmart to the three.

Lowry/twill
    Dragon/lee
    kmart/flying rooster (budinger)
    Louis/ pat pat
    Chunk Hayes/ we got the the beat thabeet

And throw brad miller in the trash
    Jordan hill on the pine

16. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

i dont think budinger is starter material at all but i think it's wise to find out what he's made of.

if he fails, it's better we know now and i'd be glad to give the starting spot to twill.

17. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

Finally twill is gonna be free, now i can buy a poster of him dunking in rockets uniform

18. Braga

Braga Rookie

worst.first.post.ever.

19. AggieRocketsFan

Maybe Twill should earn starter minutes.

20. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

This guy is funny. Not sure if serious.