1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Who Should Be Fired Cut Tonight??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DJboutit, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, yeah, it's crazy that the brightest part of the season was when Hoyer was hurt. Getting a concussion twice was the best thing he did for the team all season long.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

BTG, "DJBoutit", rawbrah. For openers.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You say that like it was a given that Hoyer was going to come out and throw picks in the second half.

We can play the what if game all night. Hindsight is 20/20.

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lol, he has a long resume that says so.

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

I mean Weeden could have very well sucked it up too but at least O'B could say I did everything I could do but "both" my qb's just suck!

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It really was basically a given. When your QB turns the ball over 4 times in the first 6 possessions and one of the other possessions was a 3 and out due to him not being able to get the ball anywhere near his receivers, you have to make a change. I'm not sure there is 10 QB's in the NFL that gets to do that and stay in a game and Hoyer sure as hell shouldn't be one of them.

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

smith,goodsey,bob,romeo ...basically everyone .That watt wildcat play was idiotic ..only thing working was the running game ..wtf

8. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like maybe O'Brien thought he was coaching in the pro bowl when he called that play to watt.
    You can't call some middle school cheese ball play like that in a serious game when you have never done so all year.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think using Watt as te makes sense because our TEs are terrible.

But as rb? Blue has actually looked decent.

And using Wilfork as a run blocker is just wtf

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As a NT, Wilfork is fat and in the way clogging run lanes

As a run blocker Wilfork is fat and in the way clogging run lanes.

11. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

O'Brien coached his first playoff game like he had **** for brains.

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lol, this.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I posted in the game thread that I don't mind it if you have the two of them in the I formation and hand it to Watt on a plunge. It probably would have worked, to be honest.

Problem is, that was the absolute worst formation you could have run. You'd have been better off running weakside. That probably would have worked, too.

I just don't understand the game plan overall, but these guys know more than I do. I just don't know why we got away from Daniels sprinkled in, especially when Hoyer was so bad.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The wildcat was Daniels was mostly ineffective after the first play they ran it vs. the Colts... as was most of their wildcat formations since the Jets game.

The gameplan was to not have Hoyer turn the ball over 5 times... once at the 2 yard line (in addition to ST giving up something they hadn't done in years). But it started (and ended) with Hoyer.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Bill Belicheck used Wilfork as a full back multiple times.

That play wasn't a big deal. The only thing the coach deserves to get killed for is sticking with Hoyer to the bitter end

16. Victorious

Victorious Member

exactly. offense was so shaky that you needed to do something different to get them going. but the play right after....:(

17. conquistador#11

completely agree. I guess he didn't want to have the circus again. but you have to put ego aside and give the other players a chance to win. 1 man isn't worth the lives of 50. not a great teammate decision on coach.

but the great coaches learn from their mistakes. we shall see what comes of this.