1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Should Be Fired Cut Tonight??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DJboutit, Jan 9, 2016.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Exactly, it was the pass play afterwards that should be condemned.

2. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

- Get rid of Hoyer. Improve the QB position during the draft or FA.
    - Get rid of Rick Smith
    - I wouldn't mind dangling Clowney to test the trade waters, but only pull the trigger if it's a damn good deal.

I'm OK with Bill O'Brien returning next season, but his seat needs to be at 212 degrees Fahrenheit.

3. Doge

Doge Member

Lock this thread.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He gashed KC for a 42 yard run on that same drive. You have to at least run it with him before you ever give Hoyer a chance to thrwo

5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

That is a play you run if you're up by 21, not if you're down by 13. We didn't need to be cute we needed a TD.

6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

You were just picking up good chunks of yardage with your running backs Blue and Grimes. Why do a trick play with Watt. Run power. Blue had positive yardage on almost all his runs especially during that drive. Why wouldn't you reward him and let him punch it in???

I was listening to that part on the radio at the time and thought Watt and Wilford would be brought in to block for more big bodies when I heard Vandameer say Watt was going to the Wildcat I rolled my eyes and yelled "WTF is BoB doing mayne"

7. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Cmon dude there is a huge difference between a rushing play at mid field and one at the goal line. The Texans were pretty bad at the goal line on rushes this year. Blue had what 2 rushing TD's on the season? The other guys 1? Like I said I'm ok with trying something different.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah fire everybody.

I mean, if you can't build a Super Bowl contender after 2 whole seasons you're never going to. :rolleyes:

9. JamesC

JamesC Member

All the current tight ends need to go.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Bruh...all im saying is let your running back do his job. I would have been okay if they did the little TE out route thing they usually do with Watt but they wanted to go with some BS. Watt is an amazing player but he doesn't know how to hit the holes and doesn't have an RB's vision and patience.

Beyond that I think we agree the two passes should not have happened either.

Its over. Doesn't matter now cuz we can't go back to it and run it again to see if Blue or Grimes could have punched it in. I can't wait to get off work and see what beer HEB has to take the pain away

11. Buck Turgidson

That was the most telegraphed play in the history of football. I actually would have been fine with Watt faking the dive and throwing a fade to Hopkins.

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Hoyer can't handle pressure. Let's go ahead and move on from that experiment. I would like to see another GM,

Rick Smith isn't terrible, but I'm not sure he'll ever put together a great team.

BOB is ok, I think he's learning a lot of lessons. He should have bit his lip and put Weeden after Hoyer didn't score on the first series of the 2nd half. A leader has to lead and I believe he was hamstrung by what he thought was a bad decision in the first KC game. Actually, putting Mallet in then was the right decision.

Godsey is learning lessons as well, his play calling had been getting better, but it seemed to revert early season today. The Watt Wildcat was a FOOLISH call when we needed to score and he was already nursing a sore groin and broken hand.

Hoyer is not the guy and not the back-up. His confidence is destroyed and I doubt anyone on the team has any in him. Target a QB in the draft (PRI #1), run Savage hard this off-season and see if he has any promise and bring Weeden and Yates back for your vet competition. No more Pats cast-offs.

Blue did well, but we still need an every down back. I believe that is PRI #2.

Find a decent 2-way TE, PRI #3.

Draft some more OL, PRI #4.

Find a PR/KR who will actually make a difference.

Look to increase overall team speed.

I think our defense finally woke up after the Miami debacle, so if we can get back our injured guys and another DE and S, I think we'll be ok.

Offense has to take the priority in the OS and we have to find our QB. I'm somewhat hopefully that guy might be Tom Savage, but if its Christian Hackenberg I'm fine with that as well.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

That was the point of Wilfork, though. And the reason why they were all bunched on the right side - everyone creates a lane, Wilfork takes care of any KC stragglers, and Watt bulls through to the end zone.

As "cute" as the playcall was, it wasn't a ridiculously terrible decision. It's not like they decided to sneak it in with Hoyer. But I do agree, let Blue have a chance to punch it in - if he didn't get in, sub into the Watt Wildcat quickly, hoping that KC is caught off guard.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, lets go with that Browns mentality instead of the Steelers mentality...

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the only person that should be fired tonight is Hoyer, there are other cuts that will be coming, but they should send a message to the team and the coaching staff letting them know that level of incompetence is simply unacceptable and will lead to immediate termination.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

What do we even do with him? Trade him? Cut him?

17. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

I don't agree that BO'B should be gone. That would be saying the Texans have gone 9-7 the past two seasons despite him. Which means the personnel that Rick Smith has accumulated is that good which I just don't buy. Smith is the one that should be gone imo. Of course a good QB is a necessity. If only they were that easy to draft or trade for.

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I can kind of agree with doing it this way, but the other problem I have with the Watt play is this dude is just coming off a broken hand(we don't know yet about his groin problems)and you have him toting the rock when people will be clawing and ripping at his hand arm and elbow. I just don't think they thought that through all the way.

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

JJo and Rick Smith just to start the ball rolling.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Can we cut Hackenberg yet?