1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is Wesley Matthews?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by opticon, Dec 13, 2009.

1. opticon

opticon Member

The jazz beat the lakers tonight. I was looking at the boxscore and some 2 guard that I have never heard of name Wesley Matthews dropped 19 points and we starting.

I pride my self on knowing my enemies and I have no idea who the heck this guys.

Anyone know the background on this kid.

2. SunsRocketsfan

why do people ask these questions? if you are really curious and pride yourself in knowing all the players there is a very useful tool out there called GOOGLE!
    It can tell you more about the player than any poster on here. Why post a thread and wait for others to respond? i dont get it

3. opticon

opticon Member

Google and youtube highlight reels can only tell you so much. I actually would like to hear persons point of view that has actually watched him play.

Im sorry you have such a low opinion of the posters of this board. Some of the most knowligable basketball minds on the internet follow the bbs.

I am the first to admit that not every here knows there stuff. But there are quite a few here who have great insight and really love the game of basketball.

4. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Every year there seems to have about 2 or 3 players that went undrafted, that is in a rotation helping his team. Happens every year. You have to cheer for those type of guys.

5. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

who is von wafer

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

And when you google, it takes you to another sports forum where you get your answers, from someone asking "Who is Wesley Matthews?" :eek:

Can get general career bios and draft projections in searches. This is the chance for someone who's watched him play to describe the playing style and say I told you so. Or to say summer league scrub who got lucky.

#6 Shroopy2, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah. I just googled "Wesley Matthews + scouting report". There is quite a bit out there.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

He played for Marquette. I think he stayed all 4 years. He was pretty good.

9. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

And there you have it. [/thread]

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I remember his father from the 80s.

11. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Yeah. He was a great offensive lineman on the Oilers.

12. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I have to agree with the other poster that there are some good basketball minds on the bbs. For instance... we now know that wesley matthews: 1. played at Marquette for approximately 4 years. 2. he was good there. 3. and that his dad was a great offensive lineman for the Oilers in the 80's(oops I posted that!).

All joking aside...I think the reason that these forums are here are so that we don't have to Google "Wesley Matthews", we can get input from people that are often passionate about basketball and have alot of knowledge as well.

13. Yak

Yak Member

If you read about him on Jazz forums, you will hear them say that he is a ridiculously good defender as well as an efficien scorer. He apparently shut down Kobe last night (although it probably had more to do with Kobe's finger). He has also shut down a few other stars.

14. tuus

tuus Member

So use www.draftexpress.com and search there by name

15. tuus

tuus Member

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

judging from his post the OP also wanted to see if anyone is familiar with the kid, maybe someone here watched his game during college or something. He also probably wanted to see if anyone was interested in discussing some random jazz player. LOL

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I thought you were joking about his father. Wes Matthews (the father of the player under discussion) was an NBA player, not a former Oiler.

18. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

19. raj87

raj87 Member

Not unlike many men previously employed by the Utah Jazz, Wesley Matthews is enjoying life as a working cog in Jerry Sloan's proven offensive machine.

20. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

he's one of three players that went to my rival high school, that picked Marquette instead of UW, even though they live by UW.