1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Who is Hotter: Jeff Timmons or Marat Safin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by outlaw, Sep 11, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

DREAMer and others, being relatively ignorant in terms of Christianity, I'm curious . . . aren't there different degrees or levels of sins? I'm wondering, because it just came across to me in your post that all sins are effectively the same. Thanks in advance.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    We don't live for the destination. We live for the journey.
    http://www.clutchtown.com

[This message has been edited by Azim da Dream (edited September 21, 2000).]

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

heypartner, I'm wondering why you often encourage new posters to ONLY contribute to existing threads, but now in this case you expect DREAMer to start a new thread, when what he was talking about is reasonably related to the topic at hand. Can you explain this for me?

3. TheFreak

Okay, I will admit that I am nearing drunk while I am posting this (this might be the only way you'd get me to make this post, how sad is that). My admittedly ignorant self would like to know something from some of you, and this might be the only time I might have the courage to ask (the delete privelage has been revoked, so when I sober up and want to make my drunken ramblings disappear, I'm screwed!). A lot of discussion on the 3rd page of this thread has been whether or not homosexuality is wrong. I would just like to know from those who believe otherwise, (I can honestly say that I haven't come to a decision on whether or not homosexuality is wrong...I'm "undecided") what do you have to say about the fact that, if the entire world were homosexual, the human race would, in theory, die out? There has to be something wrong about that, no? Let's say that all Bassett Hounds (I have one) were all gay, there would of course be no more Bassett Hounds! I for one would be pissed about that [​IMG]. I know I'm planning to have more Bassett Hounds in the future, because the one I have will almost surely not out-live me. What would I do if they were all gay, and therefore couldn't reproduce? Isn't there something 'wrong' about that? Am I being selfish here? I'm sure that to some, that I'm coming off as a white-trash (there ya go...now you know I'm white! [​IMG]), ignorant fool by asking this, but in my opinion it's a legitimate question. I apologize to heypartner for not starting a new thread to discuss this.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

TheFreak,

how is this a contradiction.

I think the best way to sum up my posting philosophy is twofold:

1. Respect the author's topic intentions
    2. Respond to others, partake in the community

I love new posters. I comment to every single digit post that I like. I take the time to tell them I enjoyed it. I write threads sometimes with the goal to provoke
    new registration. Others do too I'm sure.

But the newbies that do multiple threads per day without participating in other threads are coming from espn-style boards, where no one really responds to each other, so you have to do as many new threads (often provocative ones) to finally get a "hit". What I really try to explain is we will respond to your threads when you respond to our threads. It is a community. I don't view it as police activity. I view it as explaining how this community is different than other boards, and you should balance your own threads with participating in others.

As for regulars, it can go in reverse. There can be a mismatch the other way. Responses a-plenty, but no authoring from our best contributors.

I love fun threads, so I am just asking for them from regulars. No harm done there. No "the world according to heypartner" as some allude to it seems. Just trying to spur some activity.

And I really would like to see DREAMer start that thread.

Is that fair TheFreak

peace bisuit

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Damn...see TheFreak,

I really think that is an excellent thread idea. What happens is some people don't come back into long running threads who may deliver the best responses to you.

Start a new one and we get to see a full blown development. glorious!!

Hey, maybe I should preface more of my threads with "I'm nearing drunk"... lol.

How about a new thread..."Who Posts Drunk?"

Or in the vein of Jeff's "For those who smoke", when could take the side that we are offended by it. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited September 21, 2000).]

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Rocketman95

"I'm just wondering how many of the Christians out there would react to me coming out with this book that I've ghost written for God through his talking to me. I'm guessing that most people would call me a crackpot"

U rock! That is excellent!

Rimy

“Man, I've slept in the same bed as a man”

is this right?

Azim da Dream

“I'm curious . . . aren't there different degrees or levels of sins?”

Have you read Dante’s Devine Comedy?

Freak

No one’s advocating total homosexuality. Just the right to live life equally and without prejudice.

um..go rockets

------------------

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Here's another twist for ya' Rocketman95 and mc mark.

What if Jesus came back today but not in some glorious way that we would expect? What if he came back as a homeless black man? What if he came back as an Indian sage? What if he came back as a really chubby Southern white trash guy named Bubba?

It is the convention of Christianity that bothers me. Somehow, 1000 years ago when only a few hundred scrolls (not books - they didn't exist yet) existed, these 66 scrolls were the ONLY one's that qualified as holy? In addition, in all the years of writing since Gutenberg invented the printing press, no other book has ever been worthy of inclusion in the Bible?

But, I'm getting WAY off topic here. Sorry. [​IMG]

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

8. mc mark

Jeff,

There already has. Or at least one that I would consider.

"We are far far greater than we know -- and all is well."

"The Prophet" by Kalil Gebran

ooops...but he was a muslim
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by mc mark (edited September 21, 2000).]

9. mc mark

ooops

I misquoted.

The quote is..

You are far far greater than You know...and all is well.

------------------

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

First, the way this thread has gone now deserves it's own thread before it gets out of hand.

Did that make sense?

Now, coming from a born Christian, you can always count on a hypocritical Christian to chime in on someone elses actions.

------------------
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.

Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b****-slap the motherfuc@er upside the head!

11. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

mc mark,

I was being sarcastic. Yes, I have slept in bed with other men (and boys when I was a kid). I have also slept in bed with many women and girls. I was joking because the phrasing was "do not lie in bed with man as you would woman.." No sex mentioned (so, sleep overs or "crashing" count). So I was just being silly.

Freak,

pardner is right, that would be a great thread to start, and I have plenty to say on the matter (such as my beleif that all humans are really just on a scale of bi-sexuality). But this is the fading end of a long post, so it would be a waste of energy - something I do not like. [​IMG]

------------------
    Talking to a dead hare about art

12. outlaw

outlaw Member

Freak, not that the world isn't overpopulated as it is but lots of gays and lesbians have kids or want to. Artificial insemination is a wonderful thing. I hear this argument all the time against homosexuality but when gays want to adopt kids then the homophobes say no way.
    What about straight people who are sterile? Are they any less of a person? Do their marriages mean any less than fertile couples?

13. mc mark

Rimy,

Dam, sometimes I hate the web. You just can't read expression. [​IMG]

I know, I was ribbin' ya

Its all good my friend

Off to watch the rest of the women’s competition. Now that its got interesting with the "scandal".

------------------

14. mc mark

I would like anyone, especially Stevie boy, to show me anywhere in the bible that it says its a sin to be gay.

------------------

15. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

TheFreak:

That's funny. Is heterosexuality immoral because of overpopulation concerns?

DREAMer:

I had a funny experience in which my grandfather (who has a PhD (had, he's passed) in theology) admitted to me that the church cantons(?) voted on several pieces of the New Testament, including ways in which they wanted Jesus portrayed (like a wussy Jedi Knight like Luke). No vengefulness, etc. etc. He (my grandfather) was completely at one with his God... but he understood why those were the very examples that put me on the path to atheism (though a good atheist should probably look around before going from their original religion straight to atheism). Just thought that was interesting. The 'inspired word of God' was written and rewritten by man. To value those books is not to revere your God, but to revere the idiosyncracies of the Church(es): the Catholic Apocrypha, the Book of Mormon, the New Testament, etc. etc.

et. al.
    I personally don't give a damn about what two semi self actualized consenting adults do with themselves. There are a hell of alot more things to worry about than being some suburbian puritanically repressed gossip hound that ponders eternal damnation everytime he plays the skin flute. There are plenty of books, and too many houston500 dvds to relax to for me to worry about a damn other soul that doesn't effect (affect? perhaps that's reason for another thread [​IMG]) me in the slightest. Could someone please help me identify the run on sentences in my post?

And as a bisexual friend of mine pointed out about behind-bumping: It's just like Christmas: it is better to give than to receive.

------------------
    "Everyone I know has a big but...

come on Simone, let's talk about your but."

16. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Achebe,

What started out as an interesting post just spiraled down to Earth in flames like Icarus. (well, Icarus wasn't in flames, but.... ah hell it is late)

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

17. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I think Marat Safin is MUCH hotter than that other boy from 98 degrees.

THERE, that is staying on topic!!!!

Back to Game Action and Roster Moves forum. You guys are too serious in here.

[​IMG]

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

18. TheFreak

heypartner -- I was just playing around. I actually agree. By the way, maybe we do need the delete back if we're going to be able to post drunk!

Achebe -- not a fair comparison. Heterosexuals at least have the choice to control overpopulation, homosexuals (in theory) do not.

outlaw -- I still think it's a fair question. The sterile thing is true as well, I guess, especially if homosexuality is not a choice (not sure if this has been proven yet). I suppose you could say the same thing about impotence. I'm sure it seems that I'm always taking shots at gays, but I'm really just trying to learn. I'm glad you're such a good sport about it. I'd probably never be able to talk about this stuff around gay people I know. I'd worry that I was offending them. Not that I don't care about offending you...you get the idea. For the record I am not drunk right now.

19. outlaw

outlaw Member

No you haven't offended me, I'm glad to help you learn more about it but I think the best thing would be for you to talk to gay people you know in real life.

You say that you don't know if homosexuality is a choice or not. Well from my own experience, I can tell you that I never chose it. In fact, I don't think a day goes by when I don't wish I were straight. Life would be so much easier and happier if I could be attracted to women.