1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who is coming out of the east?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dc rock, Feb 3, 2001.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

even though i like the sixers team alot and they are doing really well, i have to go with the knicks. besides the point guard position they are a very complete team.

------------------
    http://www.democrats.com

2. Steve_Francis_rules

I like the sixers, they have a complete team, they play great defense, and they can win the close games.

------------------

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The Eastern Conference should be fun to watch throughout the playoffs...Even though Philly is dominating now and should easily lock up the #1 seed by early April, there's lots of potential for upsets...

Unlike the Bulls of the 90's, Philly really doesn't have a true rival yet. I think that the Sixers should have an easy time with the #8 seed, then have really tough matchups in the conference semis and finals before getting stormed by LA or Portland in the NBA Finals

------------------
    If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!!

4. Steve_Francis_rules

I actually think the Kings have a shot of coming out of the west, as do the spurs if they can get healthy.

------------------
    The whole world we travel with our thoughts,
    Finding nowhere anyone as precious as one's own self.
    Since each and every person is so precious to themselves
    Let the self-respecting harm no other being. -from the Samyutta Nikaya

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

i cant see the spurs beating the kings,blazers, or lakers in a four game series.

------------------
    http://www.democrats.com

6. silent j

silent j Member

In the East I like Philly and Miami but I think Larry Brown is due this year so I give them the edge over the Heat. In the West, I actually think the Spurs could come out of it. The Lakers are only two deep and those two don't have good chemistry, the Blazers play 13 deep and that never works in the playoffs, and I'm just not sold on the Kings even though they have the best record so far.
    j

------------------

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Philly is definitely my number one choice to come out of the East, but I've got a feeling Indiana is going to come on strong towards the end of the season and make some serious noise in the playoffs.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

8. Steve_Francis_rules

I just don't think Indiana has what it takes to make it back to finals. They don't have a real center (although nobody else in the east does either) and they depend on too many guys with little or no experience.

------------------

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

The Sixers have one of the best team chemistry in the league along with the Kings. I think they have a good shot of coming out of the East, and Milwaukee is a VERY good, underrated team, but my favorite is New York. They have the experience, they've been there before, good team chemistry, good depth, and can play both styles, slow down and running style, and they play their best basketball in the playoffs. Othella will be a BIG addition, and along with Camby will help them match up ALOT better with the big frontlines. And when you have Luc Longley, Kurt Thomas, Glen Rice, Charlie Ward, Rick Brunson among others able to come off the bench and burn fouls and contribute that is always nice. Longley has rings so he knows how to contribute. I say the Knicks get the the Finals and have a chance to win it all!

------------------
    Dream a deadly Dream. . .

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Kings versus Sixers in the NBA finals would be so much fun to watch. I think it will be Blazers versus Sixers though. Piphole will probably prevail.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

11. Steve_Francis_rules

I don't think the Bucks are good enough defensively to go far in the playoffs.

------------------

12. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

The Bucks have been doing some incredible things since that horrible 3-10(!?) start.

I fully expect them to challenge for the Conference Title.

------------------
    Hey now, Hey now, don't Dream it's over...

13. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Knicks... Getting Othella will help more than imagined... They know what it takes to win in the playoffs... The Sixers won't know what to do in the playoffs... Needless to say, Sixers will have the #1 seed by March...

Bucks will go nowhere, their weak defense will be exposed...

------------------
    Check out my homepage! Loads of sports pics!

http://www.public.asu.edu/~sykim/

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

15. Steve_Francis_rules

The thing about mourning coming back is that the heat need more than just an emotional lift, they need him to actually be out there on the court.

------------------

16. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

There are rumors that Mourning may come back in the playoffs for the Heat. THe Heat deny it, but I think if he can make a comeback would be an emotional lift for the Heat.
    If no Mourning then I think it could be Milwaukee who hasd been playing great since their miserable start.

Believe it or not I think the West may be as wild as the East. Kings need to prove they can win in the playoffs. Can Shaq-Kobe co-eist in LA? Can the vets come together for Portland? Can Duncan carry the Spurs again?

I would love to see Miami (with Mourning) vs LA. Lot of good players on Miami vs the 2 stars of LA.