1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Has a Better History of Big Men? LA Lakers or Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jun 17, 2013.

?

Who Has a Better History of Big Men? LA Lakers or Houston Rockets

1. Lakers

66.7%
  2. Rockets

33.3%
  1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

So i can throw out the word homer and have a valid argument for anything.

I bet anything this kid has never ever seen hakeem play 1 game.

Hakeem is the only player in the game who won a championship without another all star. Shaq had penny, kobe, wade, nash, lebron, pierce, garnett, rondo, allen, and many more all stars.

2. liveguy

liveguy Member

Shaq even said himself Dream was better than him.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I watched Moses dominate Kareem in the Play-offs with the Rockets and again in the Finals with Philly.

I watched as Dream lead the Rockets past the Lakers and out played Kareem

Kareem was not able to get the Lakers or anyone else to the Finals without Oscar Roertson or Magic Johnson leading the way.

Kareem won 4 NBA MVPs prior to the merger when Dr J was winning ABA MVPs and was widely regarded as the best player on the planet, not Kareem. After the merger Kareem won 2 MVPs while Moses won 3 getting 2 of them while on the Rockets.

While Kereem was never able to lead any team to the finals both Moses and Dream lead their teams to the Finals and NBA Championships.

I would take Dream and Moses over Kareem every day all day.

1 person likes this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's funny how hasty we Rockets fans are to point fingers at each other for being homers. Having a contrary opinion doesn't count as objectivity.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-BL4KnNGyAk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. TheBeard

TheBeard Member

dream is not better than shaq

Shaq DOMINATED like I've never seen another man dominate.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

The ones who say shaq is better aren't rockets fans

8. crash5179

Did you ever see them play? I did. Moses was better and outplayed him on the court in the post season, both with Houston and again in Philly. Moses was a true alpha male and simply the best center in the NBA during his prime.

It's not like it should be a shock. Moses won 3 NBA MVPs and 1 NBA Finals MVP while he and Kareem were in their primes.

9. pass_to_Hakeem

Should you throw Wilt in there then? He was a freak of nature in his time. Not many 7 footers back when he played which made it easier to dominate and get all his 60 and 100 point games. What would be his avg in today's game?

10. tinman

Supporting Member

We need to defend the history of the rockets

11. pass_to_Hakeem

LOL couldn't disagree more. Shaq was 400 lbs and dropped stepped at broke the rim. He was a great center because of his size and power obviously and yeah he had the weight and girth to use it and become a HOF'er BUT NO WAY / NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!! Was he as skilled "all around" as Hakeem
    caMOWN man, lets get REAL!!!

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

And he proved more than once. But, I have to agree (even though I voted for the Rockets-no apologies, I'm a homer) that LA has a great history of big men.

13. crash5179

I never really watched him play. NBA was not on TV a lot in those days. All I know is that he was a high rebounding high scoring forward. I try not to judge to much based on height since guys like Wes Unseld (center) and Charles Barkley were about the same height.

14. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

This.
    I like Shaq and all, but compared to Hakeem? Come on. Shaq deserves to be rated highly, but all too often people do overrate him. Even PHIL mentions how he felt Shaq could have been better throughout his career, I.E., he didn't give 100% much of the time, and aside from highlight reels, you could tell. (I have Lakers fans in the family, watched TOO many games over the years.:()

15. crash5179

Wilt scored his 100 in Philly not with the Lakers. Wilt was at the tail end of his career in LA.

Kareem was out played by Dream and Moses in the post season. Moses destroyed him.

Dream was better than Shaq and proved it on the court in the finals. Shaq admits it and even calls Dream the best if all time.

You need to work on your spelling.

16. ooox

ooox Member

You sure about that?

2004 Detroit Pistons. Ben Wallace was the only all-star on that team. Stop talking out of your ass.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And in 2006 he had three team mates from 2004 make the All-Star team (Chauncey, Rip and Rasheed). He played with all-stars. They just weren't all-stars THAT year.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, you're upset because your Lakers are very likely to lose Dwight, quite possibly to the Rockets. And watch your language, chump. This isn't a middle school playground.

19. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

If this get's into a who's better then I say let's go with this.

How many players have ever posted a quadruple-double. Hakeem would have done this twice in one month except for Rod Thorn. Shaq, none.

How about five by fives. At least five in five stat lines. Hakeem has six, Shaq has none. In fact Dream is the only player in nba history to have six in five stat lines.

In fact David Robinson is the only other big man since the stats were created that had a five by five and a quadruple-double.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_(basketball)

Only player in NBA history to record 200 blocks and 200 steals in the same season.

Only player in NBA history to win regular season MVP, Finals MVP and Defensive Player of the Year awards in the same season

He is the only player in NBA history to retire in the top ten in steals, rebounding, scoring and blocks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_Hakeem_Olajuwon#Achievements

3 people like this.
  20. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Repped bro!