1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who else is excited about the new "Highlander"?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Gascon, Aug 22, 2000.

1. Gascon

Gascon Member

Come on, there's got to be some other freaks like me out there. Personally, I refuse to acknowledge any of the films besides the first. But I went nuts over the series. Adrian Paul KICKS ASS.

------------------
    "Have I not here the best cards in the game to win this easy match played for a crown?....."

Bill Shakespeare

2. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

While I loved the story of the movies, I thought they could have been done better.

Highlander the Series, however was my favorite show of all time. Adrain Paul is awesome and I cannot wait for Endgame.

There can be only one.

------------------
    I need a new signature.

3. Gascon

Gascon Member

Sept 1, Pimp. Then all will be right with the world. At least until the Rox win it all again. [​IMG]

------------------
    "Have I not here the best cards in the game to win this easy match played for a crown?....."

Bill Shakespeare

4. RENDIGGLER3:20

Highlander the series was like my favorite series also I was totally surprised when i seen the new one coming out.My favorite series now is Stargate SG-1.

I would like to see the series come back but I can see it being as good as it was.

Can anyone help me out with this?My mind is blocked and I can not remember the short haired immortal woman that was a thiefs name.(she was my favorite)If you watched the show you might know she had a on going role.

------------------

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

6. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

rendiggler:
    Elizabeth Gracen played Amanda.

------------------
    I need a new signature.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I only liked the first Highlander film. The other films were horrible. Unfortunately, I didn't care much for the series, either. Some friends of mine really liked the series so much so that their eyes were glued to the set whenever it came on. I just never saw any value in it. Same goes for that Stargate series. To each his own...I guess.

If they can make a Highlander movie that can compete with the first movie that started it all, then I will be excited but I'm not getting my hopes up at all considering the garbage films that followed the first one.

Surf

------------------

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

My sentiments exactly Surf.

I really like the first one. In my book, it's a classic.

Everything that followed paled in comparison.

And the gimmick of bringing the two "stars" together just screams at me to stay away. I'll probably end up seeing it though.

At the dollar movies

a couple of weeks after its opening.

------------------
    I am so exasperated that I could expectorate.

9. Rocket101

Rocket101 Member

Amanda had it going on!!!!!!!!
    Big Time!!!!!!!!

Too bad her show following the series bombed out. Oh well, I too am looking forward to the movie though when you really think about it, the first movie was actually suppose to be the last. The first McCloud was the last immortal standing which makes the other movies pointless.

That being said, Adrian Paul was a much better actor than that other bunghole. Also , I wonder if the new movie will feature some of that Irish music played by a female vocalist that I heard in the last few episodes of the Highlander. Don't know if yall know what I'm talking about but I thought her music was cool.

[This message has been edited by Rocket101 (edited August 22, 2000).]

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yea, it looks like it's going to be pretty cool. When does it come out?

------------------
    Don't you have anything better to do?

11. Gascon

Gascon Member

I like to think that this is a kind of "passing of the torch" so to speak. Lambert is annoying, though I liked him all right in the first one. And, yes, the first one should have been the last one, storyline-wise. Did you know, however, that Lambert is legally blind? The man can't see his hand in front of his face! Think about that when you watch the movie. He learned all of those fights by memorizing the movements and then reproducing them for the cameras. I'm very glad to see Adrian Paul take over, and I hope that's how it will end up.

------------------

Bill Shakespeare