1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to win 6th man?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T FOR 3!!!, Feb 24, 2017.

Tags:
?

Who's the 6th man of the year?

1. Eric Gordon

41.4%
  2. Lou Williams

4.3%
  3. Lou deserves it, but I want Gordon to get it

22.9%
  4. As long as it's a Rocket

31.4%
  1. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

It's as simple as Harden v Westbrook for MVP. Eric Gordon v Lou Williams for 6th man. It may not seem like a big deal, but I believe it is! It validates a player's talent for the entire league while allowing them to come off the bench and play an essential role. It's the award that can allow your team to have 6 starters without anyone feeling the burn.
    EG has been everything we could've hoped for this year, and probably one of the biggest reasons for our success. After every big game he has, without fail, someone will ask him how much it would mean to win 6th man, and he's made it clear that it would mean ALOT. I think for you to keep this guy as motivated, productive and as happy as he is, for the duration of his contract, the best possible scenario would be for him to win 6th man. .
    Lou Williams won the award last year, and is having a better statistical year with less minutes. But, he has been doing so on a bad team (garbage points/no other options). All that has changed now, and he is in a place where his contributions could very well win a playoff series. He did say in his first Rox interview that he believes Gordon should win the award because of his team's record, but that may just be pure modesty.

Here's the stats..

"Splash" Gordon
    2016 - 17 MPG FG% 3P% FT% PPG RPG APG BPG
    SEASON
    30.5 41.7 38.5 83.8 17.2 2.7 2.8 0.5

Sweet Lou
    2016 - 17 MPG FG% 3P% FT% PPG RPG APG BPG
    SEASON
    24.2 44.4 38.5 88.4 18.6 2.3 3.2 0.2

Who's your pick?

2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I just appreciate the fact that Morey has gifted us with the opportunity to see both 6th man of the year candidates on a nightly basis.

My body is ready.

Louka and DonKnock like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

What, no Corey Brewer option?

vtjsr2 likes this.
  4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I want them to share the award

Just like they share 3 pointers when lighting up other teams

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

whynotboth.gif

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I would gladly trade one MVP award and one 6th Man award for a NBA champ ring but if I had to choose, my answer is "one of our guys".

xtruroyaltyx and TheMystery008 like this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

As long as it's a rocket it's all good, but I prefer Gordon win it. Lou has won the award already and Gordon has been here all season so for balance sake I think it'd be better if Gordon won it.

If Lou wins there could be a small chance that Gordon might feel some type of way about it whereas I don't think Lou would be bothered as much about it since he's new here and has won it before.

vator, Hakeemtheking and Houstunna like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I like to see Eric Gordon win it. His offensive stats are right there. He chose Houston in free agency. He was willing to sacrifice right from the beginning for the team and come off the bench for the 1st time in his career. He embraced the "6th man role." And his "defense" has been pretty good. Don't overlook that. I would like to see Gordon get the award for all that he has put in. And hey, Lou has won it before already.

Excited to have Gordon/Williams double barrel rocket launcher on this team!

Houstunna likes this.
  9. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Williams has better production than Gordon in less minutes. Then again, he was free to chuck in LA and may have gotten more attempts there. I don't care much about 6th man but I'd be happy for either.

10. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Eric Gordon. He's doing it on a very talented team whom he has to share the ball and shots with. Williams was doing it on an awful team and never had to pass up shots.

Gordon has more wins while Williams was doing it on a top 3 lottery team. Gordon has been with us the entire season and Williams will only be with us for about 30 games.

Gordon should win this award as long as his production remains the same. Am I happy we have both? OF COURSE!!

Williams played amazing last night and we looked like the Warriors draining ridiculous 3's all night. The game was close at times and all of a sudden, we'd make 3 3's in a row and a 2 pt lead quickly became 10+ in a matter of 3-4 possessions. We're getting closer to a complete contender. I expect a nice pick up this week and then a big free agent signing or trade in the off season and we'll be good to go!

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Lou probably deserves it, but I'm rooting for Gordon. It would be nice if they tied, but I don't see how that happens unless the sportswriters all coordinate their votes so it turns out that way.

12. H-Town Rockets Guy

Gordon bcuz he played with us for 50 plus games

vator likes this.
  13. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

As long as it's a rocket. Regardless who wins, it'd be awesome if they both got up on stage together:

[​IMG]

14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Les Alexander! He was the man behind this team's success this year.

15. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Winner will be the guy MDA calls first in first quarter

16. the shark

the shark Member

I'm excited as anyone that we now have Lou but he's played ONE game as a Rocket.

EG has been here all year.

Plus Lou has already won it before!

17. PhiSlammaJamma

EG could be the first to win 3 pt, 6th man, finals MVP. sick.

18. tarantula

tarantula Member

I don't get it, we have 23 games left in the season and at least 16 in playoffs, but i doubt that we gonna win 4 0 Warriors or Spurs. I asume about 42-44 games more.

19. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

Let them compete. If they both getting buckets then our bench will continue to be as deadly as it was last night!

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's a regular season award so 23 games more