1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you keep, Brooks or Martin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TXRoxBBall, Apr 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Rocket...AB

Rocket...AB Member

BROOKS and NO BOSH......................we don't need that type of player and it makes it worse if we have to give up our good players and a couple draft picks just it get Bosh i don't want him and i don't think he'll well work good with yao ming

2. MandM's

MandM's Member

brooks. hands down

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Everyone has their misses....Langhi was one of mine.....for sure.

;)

DD

4. DaDakota

Morey has said we need to acquire an elite player or develop one.

Right now, Brooks could become an elite player, Kmart is close, and Yao is one.....

So, as long as you are not robbing Peter to pay Paul, then go get one.....otherwise, just continue to develop.

Heck CBud has it in him.....just not sure about the domination part...but the skills are there.

DD

5. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I'm not saying we should, ask Daryl, he's the one that said what I paraphrased to start the topice. I simply asked IF one was to be traded who would you keep and then said what I would do.

6. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

BTW, to be n elite player in my book you have to be really good at multiple facets of the game. Brooks and Martin are elite scorers and I think that's about it. I don't think either will ever develope their defensive or rebounding games and with Brooks his passing game to be an elite player.

7. dartherus

dartherus Member

AB plus a salary filler (Jeffries?) could bring a pretty nice player in return, AB trade value is at his peak, and the Rockets could take advatage of it...

Anyway, right now, the most likely SUPERSTAR to get would be Chris Paul...due that Collison showed such improvement...but you;d have to give something worthy in return....the easiest way to get CP3 would be giving KMart+ some sweetener...

In such case, Brooks would be redundant, and for both parties (himself and the team) he should also be traded, so Brooks would get more playingtime anywhere else, and Rockets would get an interesting player in return (using the fillers suggested first)....

Do you think it's possible for the FO to consider?

8. DaDakota

Actually he didn't say it, he said we have to get better on defense....

DD

9. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I think AB and K Martin deserve to play together for another season. Martin's been a Rocket less than half a season. Even lesser than that if you factor in injuries. I don't think Morey blew up the team just to trade one of the two starting guards after half a season.

1 person likes this.
  10. RocketMania1991

He didn't blow up the team. We traded one player in Landry, two if you count Dorsey.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Who is Dan Langhi and when was he drafted?

12. DaDakota

2nd round out of Vanderbilt, SEC player of the year, unfortunately, he never panned out......

He had skills just not the mentality it seems.

DD

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Come to think about it, in DD's defense, we all get caught up in our own personal favorites. Take me for instance, i look at Solomon Alabi and see Hakeem. The pros look at him and see Samuel Dalembert.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What year?

15. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Does anyone have the link to the conversation?

Thanks

17. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

What he said was that they would need to improve or they'd find someone to replace them and he was talking specifically about Brooks and Martin. He went on to say that if the defense didn't improve Les would either replace players, the coach, or him. He was very clear.

18. DaDakota

Please post the pod cast or link to the article so everyone can understand exactly what he said...

DD

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He never mentioned anyone specifically. He simply said that that if this team cannot play a higher quality defense they will find a "group" that can.

20. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

He makes a reference to the team in the 1st podcast after a direct question about Brooks and Martin. Then he goes into it more specifically with regards to Martin and Brooks at the 9 min and 55 second mark of the 2nd podcast. http://thegame.podbean.com/category/john-and-lance-show/