1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do yall like for the NFL playoffs this weekend?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by HTownTmac1, Jan 5, 2009.

1. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Titans-Ravens
    Steelers-Chargers
    Giants-Eagles
    Panthers-Cardinals

My choices are

Titans
    Steelers
    Eagles
    Panthers

2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

sorry, but WRONG FORUM!! :D

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

wrong forum, but..

Ravens (tough call, should be really close)
    Steelers (though their O sucks.. but their D will shut down Sproles)
    Giants
    Panthers

4. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

i know... im sorry i realized that when i posted it... :eek:

5. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Titans-Ravens
    Steelers-Chargers
    Giants-Eagles
    Panthers-Cardinals

My choices are

Ravens
    Steelers
    Eagles
    Panthers

6. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Ravens
    Steelers
    Eagles
    Panthers

7. msn

msn Member

No predictions, just on the edge of my seat hoping for a Ravens victory.

How nice is it to have Cowboys-free playoff football? If only the Texans were in. :(

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Yeah it is nice. Without the cowboys in the playoffs, ESPN can start their expanded coverage of the yankees early. :(

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Titans
    Steelers

Philly seems to be one of the hottest teams at the moment, so I will go with an upset there.

And I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict the Cardinals; everybody thought they were done before the playoffs even started, that perhaps they shouldn't even belong in the postseason. They came to play against Atlanta and I think they'll do the same against Carolina. For whatever reason, I don't feel Carolina is as good as their record indicates.

#9 JunkyardDwg, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  10. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

ravens
    steelers
    eagles (superbowl winners im callin it)
    panthers

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Eagles are flavor of the month.

i want to see a ravens/giants superbowl.

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

again? like in 2000? :D

13. what

what Member

The thing that is lost in 2000 was that the Titans coming off a trip to the superbowl the year before were full of themselves. They had lost their edge and the upstart Ravens were like Clubber Lang coming in. Yes, the Titans knew it would be physical but they were still caught by surprise.

2003 was a vindication year.

This year the Titans are well aware of Ray Lewis's antics, of we baddddd. Get ready for hell shtick. It is old news.

I foresee flacco getting picked often in this game. You are not going to beat the Ravens in the first 3 quarters of the game, you have to wear them down which i believe is what tennessee is going to do. If I were the Titans I take Lendale White for the first 2 series and come straight after Ray Ray and lets just see how much heart he really has.

The 3rd Series I put Lendale and Johnson in the back field and let them guess if they are going to run or pass to johnson in space.

I don't start to even think about passing to the 4th quarter.

14. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Titans
    Steelers
    Giants
    Cardinals

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Titans
    Chargers
    Panthers
    Eagles

16. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Ravens
    Chargers
    Panthers
    Giants

Thats right ... the 8-8 Chargers host the AFC Championship game :D

17. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I was 2-2 in my predictions last week. I wonder which two I'll get right this weekend. LOL :)

Titans-Ravens -- I am really looking forward to this game and it really is too close to call. Should be a defensive battle. I do think the Ravens defense is a smidgen better than Tennessee, so I'm going with Baltimore.

Steelers-Chargers -- Easy decision. The Steelers are just plain better than the Chargers. I'd like to see Sproles try to get 300 yards against the Steelers D. Not gonna happen. A definite win for Pittsburgh.

Giants-Eagles -- The Giants are better overall than the Eagles. Philly has looked good lately, but I don't think they have what it takes to beat the defending champs. Gotta go with New York.

Panthers-Cardinals -- The Cards shocked me last week when I predicted a bigtime loss for them. I'm still not a believer in Kurt Warner against a strong Defense like the Panthers, though. The winning team in the end will be Carolina.

18. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

You know what? That is so ridiculous, I wouldn't be upset if the Steelers lost, just so I could see that happen.

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

WTFK?

One of the few years where I just don't even have a hunch.

And I've got to pick my Salary Cap Team this week that counts all the way through the Super Bowl. I'm 17 points behind after Wildcard Week so I pretty much have to commit to two teams so I can get three games out of them even of they are low production guys.. If I spread my picks over more I probably couldn't catch up. I'd like to take SD an AZ and if they win I'd clean up on points .... but my head says Pitt and Carolina.

20. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

giants/eagles game should be a bloodbath. this is an awesome, hate-filled rivalry matchup that i think will go the giants way. they are the better team and at home. only reason eagles have a chance is because they play hard and despise the giants more than anything on earth.

titans will beat the ravens easily and carolina will have a surprisilngly tough win over the cardinals.

and for no rational reason, i have a feeling we might see an upset in the steelers game. chargers really have nothing to lose, playing with house money as it were. i also think pittsburgh may be overrated. we'll see...