1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who could we pick up...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TraJ, Jul 18, 2000.

1. TraJ

TraJ Member

...as a back up shooting guard if Mobley does decide to leave? I'm not just talking about guys already in the NBA (there's another thread on that), but you can add those guys if you want to. When you take into consideration that guys like Mario Elie and John Starks spent some time in the CBA, it is possible to find some guys who can contribute on the NBA level. Anyone know of any guys who are making a name for themselves in the CBA? How about guys who didn't get drafted? Are there any on our Rocky Mountain Revue team that might fit in? What about on other people's summer league teams. Jaron Rush is playing for Boston. If a guy like that doesn't stick with their summer team, is there someone the Rockets would do well to show interest in?

------------------

2. Greg M

Greg M Member

I know I'm going to get blasted for suggesting this but why not look in the organization? Bryce Drew has all of the ability of a shooting guard minus defense.

*Greg ducks*

If given regular playing time, I'm convinced the guy could produce. We all know he can shoot. He's a fair passer and decent ball-handler. I'm not suggesting that he's the next Mitch Richmond but the kid is prolly the Rockets' next best option.

------------------

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Actually, Greg, I thik you're right. I doubt we can get any CBAers, undrafted players or cast-offs better than Drew. Maybe an FA leaving his old team, but not anyone else. If Mobley leaves (and he won't), I think Drew will get some minutes again.

------------------
    Rockets Draft Obligations Summary

http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/