1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Who Believes Trump Only Win Because Of Russian Inteference In 2016?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Feb 22, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Simple question. The CIA doesn't actually claim this. They talk about the inteference but stop short at saying its why he won

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It’s a strangely posed question. There are a number of reasons why he won — and take away any one of them and he probably doesn’t win. That’s how it is in a close race.

jiggyfly and Andre0087 like this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Hillary is why he won.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You're right however i think plenty believe its their claim. So the question should be do you think the CIA claims its the reason he won.

Edit: its really two different beliefs

1.Do you think its what the CIA says

2.Do you personally believe its the reason he won

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I Believes Trump Only Win Because Of Russian Inteference In 2016.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think there’s enough information that’s come to light regarding Russian meddling (not sure if CIA is the source of it or has corroborated it) to suppose that Trump wouldn’t have won without it. But that doesn’t mean it’s the only reason he won.

7. WNBA

WNBA Member

The whole USA has been going to the right for decades. Trump won because he was not shy from advocating fascism.
    In any other normal society, NO interference could help Trump being elected.

8. Buck Turgidson

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not trying to be confrontational, just curious what question you had.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not the only reason but it definitely was there. I consider it like instant replay for Pass Interference. We know there was some grabbing by the CB but we can't see definitively if that affected the receiver from catching the ball.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I keep hearing Boris Badanov's voice when reading the title

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hillary Clinton should have campaigned in her so-called firewall states. She also should have known better about the email thing because the opposition has been using everything and nothing she has done to tear her down for, oh, 25 years.

That said, the Russian interference played a large factor.

That said, give it a f***ing rest. Jeez.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

About 100k votes determined the election. That is .09% of the electorate. Hillary won about by about 3 million votes. If Putin was better at targeting those than .09% of the population then yes the Russians did help trump win. I don't know if it was putin or trumps team that used micro targeting on facebook or twitter, but whoever did it deserves credit for the win.

Also Hilary as a terrible candidate needs to stop. She had like an 85% chance of winning. She beat Bernie in the primary by 4 million votes.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/presidential-polls-forecast.html

She will have better odds before the election than any democratic candidate going into the 2020 election. The polls were actually pretty accurate on the macro level just not in the micro level where the election was won.

#13 Air Langhi, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No one believes it’s the only reason. It’s A reason but not the only one. I chalk it up to this country having more uneducated people than I thought possible. Doesn’t hurt that he was going up against a bad candidate who made too many critical mistakes. I’ll honestly never forgive Joe Biden for not running in 2016. All of this could’ve been avoided.

No Worries and Jayzers_100 like this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If you want to point to the single most important event, it’s probably the reopening of Clinton email 11 days before the election. Her number dived after that.

Since the election was so close, any event could have tip it and no one can argue that the Russian interference for sure did or didn’t tip the scale. If the dnc and her campaign wasn’t hacked, where would we be? It likely did tip the scale.

The US gov, even if they believe the interference did tip the scale wouldn’t be able to prove that. It’s best that they didn’t touch it - which is what they did. They should only touch it if they have concrete evidences (Votes were altered).

pgabriel likes this.
  16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The deplorables! Great defense!

It's hilarious that you talk about all the uneducated idiots on the right, yet the democrats have folks like AOC and Queen Sheila Jackson Lee representing them in Congress!

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I never heard anyone in the intelligence community say interference was the reason Trump won. I haven't even seen them say that the Russians were helpful in any way, only that they tried to be. I've seen Trumpers say such things were said when they want to wax aggrieved.

As for me, it's not at all clear to me that the Russian interference was an important factor in the outcome. That never was the point for me anyway. I wanted their interference to be treated like an act of aggression and retaliated against.

No Worries, jiggyfly and mdrowe00 like this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think the Comey letter had the greatest impact at the most important part of the election cycle. The polling showed too that this was a key moment that showed a pretty significant dip just after this moment that dropped in the news cycle like a ton of bricks.

But yes the Russians helped quite a bit. Just look at how Bloomberg's ads have impacted him getting where he's got in the election. Russia figured out how to get that type of impact by getting similar coverage on social media by getting propaganda & literally fake news to go viral in the same way that a very expensive campaign commercial would go out to very key swing districts.

There's also their paid support of Jill Stein who took votes in swing districts, and the unknown affects that they had on disrupting technology etc.

I mean... just read the Mueller Report. It's 200+ pages worth of extensive tactics played to help Trump. Don't take my word for it.

But no it wasn't the only thing. I think the Comey letter IMO was the moment that pushed Trump over the ledge.

Just like with the Astros and 2017, there's no way to go back and say if "X cheating event" wouldn't have happened that the results would have been different. The way you are asking the question just screams of wanting to engage in a bad faith argument.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I have been wrong about the CIA claiming the inteference influenced enough voter. I just wonder where i get that from. Ive been arguing for 3 years there is no way our intelligence knows who was influenced.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

She was most definitely a terrible candidate, she just ran against a more terrible candidate.

IMO.