1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are the steals on draft night?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by jtr, Jun 1, 2012.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Top 5 draft steals 2012.

The draft is coming up and players are going to be selected below where, in hind sight, they should have been. Focusing on who is going to slip below their true value I have come up have come up with a short list of players who the Rockets should be trading up to take.

1: Andre Drummond. You say hey isn’t he a top 5 selection. Yes he sure is. But anything below #1 is a slip for him. Davis be damned. He equals or exceeds Davis in every department. He has better raw tools than Howard when he was drafted. He will be the fastest person on the team unless you have Tony Parker as PG. And he might just be faster than Parker. That fast. He has every physical attribute that you could ever want in an NBA center. Best center prospect since Howard, maybe better. Wait not maybe. A better prospect.

2: Jeremy Lamb. Another Husky who got caught up in an unfortunate mess. I find it interesting that he is falling so far behind Beal. He has better tools, much better tools than Beal. Not yet a Wade, but then again he could be. He is the best SG in a draft full of potentially great shooting guards. If you could construct a perfect SG from scratch you would have Lamb. He could potentially fall 4 or more slots behind Beal. Can you say steal?

3: Quincy Miller. Totally screwed along with another first round pick by the Baylor coach. He is currently 11 months out of serious knee surgery. Prototype SF. ACL surgery generally takes 12 -18 months to recover. Just ask Mr. Rose. The kid was playing 8 months after in the NCAA. Good explosion and leaping ability now. When he makes it totally back he will be leaping out of the building and blowing pass defenders like they are concrete pylons, And they guy can shoot. And defend. Sort of a Parsons who has been on steroids since birth.

4: Royce White. God my heart goes out to that kid. He could potentially fall out of the first round. He has a ton of problems but he certainly has lotto talent. I don’t know what position he would play in the NBA, but rest assured he will be one of the best.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Goodness man. That is a list of the highest bust potential candidates. The whole durn list. The only guy I would take a gamble on is Royce White with a late first rounder. He can play just don't know if he can ride an airplane and get to the games. IF he doens't get on a plane in the next 28 days and go work out, I think he'll fall out of the first round.

I have the other 3 guys on my highest bust potential list, with Drummond perched atop that list. Dude shoots less than 30% from the FT line. And that's not a 13 year old out there. That's a college kid. And that is ridiculous and is a terrible ominous sign that he is going to bust, bust, bust worse than Thabeet.

The other two guys are high-strung athletes. Doesn't mean they'll be successful playing in the rough and tumble NBA. Lamb is so skinny, you can pick your teeth with him and Miller is very efficient on the college level where his athleticism should cause him to be very proficient and efficient. He is anything but.

Gambles, all of them.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

OK I have to ask in all due respects how is Lamb a gamble? How is Miller a gamble. In athleticism and size and quickness they are pretty much without peer. And Drummond. Do you disagree that he is the best center prospect in many years? Dwight was drafted with less athleticism than Drummond.

4. CertifiedTroll

We can pick up Royce and Drummond, then pay Novak to come to Houston to have a shooting clinic where we teach the fundamentals. Alternatively we could pick up Royce and invite Plaxico and Gilbert and also hold a shooting clinic.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Royce does not need anyone to teach him how to shoot. And Drummond is a top 5 draft pick who shot 68%(?) in college. Sorry completely missed your point dude.. did you have a point?

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Thought not - another troll.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Another flame and fade. Typical for jopatmc. Man he is a certified waste of time. He could not hold up his side of a discussion with a fork lift.

8. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Draftexpress projects Fab Melo to be taken at No.24. Whichever team gets him with such a low pick will be the biggest winner of the draft.

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And for my own amusement I am going to hunt jopatmc down in this forum and belittle him every time he posts. I have the time, I have the knowledge, and I have the intelligence. Two of those jopat is certainly lacking.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Biggest winner of the draft? Idk about that, but i do have him as my pick for 16. I have my reason(s).

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why??:confused::confused:

1 person likes this.
  12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I was fortunate enough to see Fab in person 4 games last year. That Syracuse zone lowers their draft prospects a lot. But yes you are right. Fab is extremely undervalued.

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And why not? The guy is an ******* and a coward. If you don't think I should I will reconsider.

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

1. Andre Drummond (depends on where he's drafted at, and anything outside of the top 8. I'd say so).
    2. Jeremy Lamb (anywhere outside the top 12, would be a steal)

I agree completely on Quincy Miller and Royce White.

I'd like to add.

Jeffery Taylor, Evan Fournier, Festus Ezeli, Kostas Papanikolaou, William Buford, and Arnett Moultrie (if drafted anywhere after 18-20)

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I agree on all of the above. Especially Moultrie. Thank you for the input.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

But we have different opinions about Drummond. I am good with that.

17. cdastros

cdastros Member

Evan Fournier reminds me of a bigger version of Kevin Martin. Plus he will play defense. I think he will be a steal.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Just to be totally open jopatmc and I go back a ways. I actually got him to say that Lilliard will be a better PG than Lowry this time next year. All because he was to egotistical or proud to admit he was wrong about flaming me for an unassailable statement. I would have just admitted that I over reacted and would be done with it. Not him.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

What is your opinion of Fournier? I know little so anything would be appreciated.

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Lamb has some potential to be an all-star player and would be a great pickup in the 10-14 range. Drummond is definitely a project. It would take 3-4 years for him just be solid. Definitely not a Morey move. If we got the Kings' pick somehow, I'd look at Thomas Robinson. He's probably going to be Millsap + Ppat (rookie version) on steriods. Probably will be the second best player from the top 5. He would definitely be a guy morey would draft if he could.