1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which teams do you want to get a star in the draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Outlier, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

i.e. where do you want A. Davis to be drafted to? Aside from the Rockets.

For me, it would have to be a team with a competent GM. I want a rook to excel with a great coach and management the same way Duncan did with the Spurs. But the truth is, there are no teams as good at managing a small market team like the Spurs. If I were to choose it would be these teams:

Bobcats. I believe they intended to tank this season for a game changer in mind in Davis. I have hope for them because of Rich Cho.

Warriors. Jerry West is there, nuff said. And i believe they have the core pieces to surround a star player.

Cleveland. Kyrie with a star player to battle against the Heat in the future would be nice.

2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Any cellar dwellar outside of the league-owned Hornets. I'd take an immense amount of pleasure in watching that franchise drown over the next decade.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Even the crap Wizards? I hope no future star rots there like Wall right now.

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Add a star to the mix w/ Wall, who's the youngest starting PG in the league, and Washington's a fringe Playoff team in the East. Say they get Anthony Davis, they're suddenly a sleeping giant and somewhat of an attractive landing spot for young FAs. The Sonics were garbage when KD began his reign there, but over time, they became one of the NBA's best by sticking to rebuilding thru the Draft. I don't have anything against Washington, and wouldn't mind seeing them rise to supremacy behind Wall.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Umm the Sonics are run by Sam Presti, the other half of the reason why theyre so good right now. The Wizards on the other hand do bad trades and draft poorly.

6. SPF35

SPF35 Member

I'd love to see the bobcats get one, new orleans maybe? and the cavs and see them win a title before the heat(not happening though)