1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which team won the trade: HOU or OKC, 6 months later

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Jan 9, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It will be all about the playoffs, some peeps in here are still enamored with WB’s hops and the pace he sets.

Let the waiting game begin, would tell us a tremendous amount.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, the Clippers were loaded with great role players last year and OKC took a bunch of them.

Also, not enough is said about SGAs growth, a candidate for MIP definitely and only 21.

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Yep. That guy has seriously impressed me.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he was always good but he choked in playoffs vs gsw last year

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris Paul raped the Rockets.
    Rockets got taken to the woodshed.
    They paid the price for him (to acquire & get rid of)
    The homers will say how great it was because they came "close".
    No one should feel sorry for Chris.
    "Man, I feel bad for Chris." ... "Man, he may have to spend his final years in OKC." ... "Man, the Rockets did him dirty." ... "Man, the Rockets are a cruel organization."

[​IMG]

3 quality rotation players & 1st round pick to get him
    $160M contract to boot that made him damn near untradeable
    4 first round picks to get rid of him.

5 first round picks and all they got is Russell Westbrook? Not Kawhi? Not AD? Not LeBron? Not Giannis? Not Steph?

Clippers rightly get rid of this guy & turn around and sign Kawhi and PG.

slothy420 and Easy like this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

How ironic would it be if OKC ended up with a better seed than us after that trade?

It's looking more and more likely to happen with how they've been playing lately. They're closer to us in seeding than we are to the 1st seed.

We all have to remember Harden wanted this. He wanted to play with Westbrook so if this doesn't work out, he's a big target of blame.

Little Bit likes this.
  7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

no what i always have been seeing cp3 cant be ur 2nd best guy n win a chip anymore. so schroder wasnt gonna be the answer.

i was cool keeping cp3 if we could of somehow got butler too. cp3 as ur 3rd guy is a ring. ima say it niw. if he goes to lakers ring. anywhere were he the 3rd star ring i think.

HewbieTrippin likes this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yea but the other side of that is CP is a FAR better decision maker & clutch wise it's not even close. If we're trying to win a championship, then keeping CP should've been a priority. But I guess keeping Harden happy takes priority over everything including winning

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

you can't judge now.........but we are in front, we have the better seed.

it is the Clippers-Thunder trade that beat us the other day

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can easily judge now. doesn't matter if rockets are in front record wise. two different goals of benefit and okc by far has exceeded what they got in this deal, with all the picks and still competing as a tough playoff team.

the only thing for the rockets is how they do in the playoffs

fallenphoenix likes this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Cant be clutch from the trainers table ....

D-rock likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

good thing he's been on the floor this year then

13. awc713

awc713 Member

I think OKC may have "won" the trade. I like Russ more than I thought I would. A lot is still to be determined. I think OKC won in the sense that everyone thought CP3 was dead, but he's still very much a solid player. He has more trade value than anyone thought he would, and is probably a more sought-after trade target than Russ, in all honesty.

I could see OKC dealing CP3. They have a ton of picks already. Some potential fits, IMO, are MIL and PHI. I could even see a sleeper team wanting to change organization culture biting on him, a la DET or even SAC. NBA has changed vastly....CP3 is still a good piece, even with his high contract.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

i agree. i think okc actually keeps him as far as this year though. they have a pretty good thing going having young guys develop and compete. w/ his mentorship. And they're actually winning and playing for something meaningful as a playoff team in the west. i anticipate they'll revisit what to do after this year. when he has only 2 years left with that last year as a player option

#94 YOLO, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  15. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

No. GSW knew that Gallo was the Clips best player going into that series. They game planned for him, and put the clamps on him and let the rest of the clips team try to beat them.

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol the picks are not playing at the moment are they ? Did you forget that we have beaten them as well ? We are in front better record and Westbrook is better than Chris Paul

Elephant810 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesn't matter if the picks are playing or not. okc wasn't winning a ship with wb. and they had none of these picks when they had him. they're basically the same team as last year without wb or pg13 being a playoff team and now a boatload of picks. yeah okc definitely is benefiting from the trade

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

who wants to win a boat........................Westbrook is better as second fiddle anyway. Those draft picks are not playing, so they don't count

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

not what the last couple years have shown playing next to pg13.

lol now draft picks don't count. cf's gonna cf's. never change folks

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

"I know exactly what we need to do."