1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which of the following directions do you think Rockets brass should take?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jul 6, 2012.

Tags:
?

Which of the following should the Rockets do:

1. Field as competitive of a team as possible next season no matter what

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  2. Go all out for Howard, if unable to land him, rebuild

42 vote(s)
    48.8%
  3. Go into full rebuild mode now (aka tank)

35 vote(s)
    40.7%
  4. Other

5 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just curious what the pulse of the current fandom is after the recent trades...

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

DONT TRADE DOR DWIGHT!

Thats all

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why would we consider the third option before the second option?

4. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

If we didn't tank for this draft, why would we tank with this weak draft class coming out?

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Because some (such as myself) sees going after Howard as fools gold - he'll just delay the rebuilding process as he has no interest in being here.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

no better options.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

[​IMG]

Depends on where they are trying to go.:confused:

8. htown1984

htown1984 Member

COME ON, YOU KNOW WE AINT GETTING DWIGHT HOWARD. WE CAN OFFER THE WHOLE TEAM AND MAGIC WILL NOT TRADE HIM TO US..

HAVENT YOU SEEN OUR LUCK, WE HAVE THE WORST LUCK.... EVER

CAN YOU BELIEVE LAKERS , NETS HAVING ALREADY A GOOD TEAM AND
    WORST CAP SPACE AND NO GOOD ASSEST WILL END UP WITH HIM..

TO BE HONEST DAVID STERN SHOUD DEMAND THE MAGIC TO TRADE HIM TO A TEAM LIKE THE ROCKETS....

9. thekad

thekad Member

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Trade for Dwight and gamble on CP3. If the Nets can do it why can't we!

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Fast track the rebuild, we have great young guys already and would only need to suck for one season to have 2 top 5-10 picks.

Play the young guys this year, draft good next year and build with the young talent we have.

Lamb
    Motiejunas
    White
    Jones
    Morris
    Parsons
    Asik?
    Shabaaz, Noel, or Zeller?

Id be shocked if NONE of those guys developed into a franchise player.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Because Morey's already let too much talent walk out the door to now credibly build a team around Howard.

13. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

This. What people aren't seeing with going for Dwight is 3 things.

1) Dwight WON'T leave money on the table. Hell Dwill's HUGE preference (imo) + the MUCH MUCH better team was Dallas, he still didn't leave that money on the table. Dwight resigned w/ Orlando thinking he 100% would be traded to the Nets and no money would be left on the table. The guy doesn't even know what the hell he wants, I'd bet money comes before anything else though.

2) CP3 is an UFA, and the Rockets have cleared a LOT of capspace, you don't think Morey knows all this? Dwight & CP3 wanted to play together, if the Clippers aren't any better (I don't think they will be Blake Griffin imo has maxed out he is an athletic freak with nothing else, so time will only be detrimental to him). CP3 will STRONGLY debate coming to Houston, esp if Houston can parlay Scola into Josh Smith. Howard, Smith, CP3 sure does sound better than Deandre, Griffin, CP3 with the worst owner in the NBA (yes even worse than Les).

3) If Dwight leaves, then he leaves. We have gutted our roster and we'll be forced to rebuild. We've been just ok for at least 10 years, what is 1 more year. If the Rockets had just tanked in a SHORTENED year with a GREAT DRAFT CLASS (like ummm this year?), we've had been WAY better off. Since we didn't, I say we go for Dwight and gamble that he stays.

14. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

One of the good things of rebuilding is you can showcase you're young guys. But our roster has too many holes to be competitive. I expect our attendance to be worst in the NBA next year

15. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I'd be down for this if Dwight trade falls apart. We already know Dwight is a star and other stars will be drawn to Houston with Dwight those guys are gambles.

That said, I'm not sold on Zeller. It probably has something to do with him being white and I haven't seen a really talented white center um... ever. Plus, I watched him play during March Madness, and he wasn't impressive. It looked like he dominated in college because he was just taller than everyone, which won't be the case in the NBA.

16. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

The perspective on the draft will change tremendously between now and then.No one can accurately predict what college players will step up.

If it makes Les feel better he can term it a retool .. I have zero faith in howard signing an extension here and we already have a huge head start at rebuilding this team.I'd rather take our chances on luring in a couple of all-stars next FA.

17. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Lets move to Seattle.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

That pretty racist... Pretty much just as bad as people saying black guys can't play QB. Both have been proven wrong and saying it pretty ignorant.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Keep our guys,picks and play.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I find it absolutely amazing that 90%+ on this board wants us to rebuild vs. just being competitive (Dwight Howard not withstanding).

Hopefully the Rockets Brass are getting the message.