1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which current Rocket gives the best interview?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Matador, Oct 1, 2008.

?

What current Rocket gives the best/most interesting interview?

1. Rafer Alston

4 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Ron Artest

15 vote(s)
    22.1%
  3. Brent Barry

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  4. Shane Battier

22 vote(s)
    32.4%
  5. Joey Dorsey

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. Tracy McGrady

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  7. Yao Ming

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Dikembe Mutombo

8 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Matador

Matador Member

I've been trying to soak up as much Rocket coverage as possible, and with media day and training camp underway I realized our Rockets have same great interviewers and overall interesting cast of players. My question is who is the best interview on the team? Or in other words who do you think gives the most interesting interview?

I'd love to get insight from media members on the board i.e. Clutch, fritz, MattJ, etc. and get their opinions.

Here are my top 8:

Rafer Alston - seems very personable and candid with a sense of humor as well

Ron Artest - has been a quote machine of late: "Houston is a problem." "I believe in God."

Brent Barry - haven't heard a lot of interviews yet, but he seems hilarious and a prankster that would make for an interesting interview

Shane Battier - very well spoken, good sense of humor as well

Joey Dorsey - big personality, excitable; the "Ray Lewis with a basketball" quote was awesome!

Tracy McGrady - maybe almost too honest and forthcoming in that he admits injury, complains about depth perception, reports fatigue, etc.; but hey, he's honest

Dikembe Mutombo - I know he currently isn't under contract, but sorry everything this guy says is classic. :eek: :p

Yao Ming - good English, humble, funny, and he makes for a interesting interview if not for the simple fact that he is the most famous athlete in the world's most populous country

I think those 8 players standout as being the most interesting interviews with Hayes, Francis and Scola in the distance.

Journalists covering the Rockets should have a fun time this year with all our characters.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Wrong forum maybe?

3. Matador

Matador Member

whoops didn't mean to post this in the hangout. :eek: If a mod could change it to the GARM it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Hangout is good. This is not an Game Action or Roster Move topic. :eek:

MUTOMBO. :eek:

5. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Dorsey can't be Ray Lewis with a basketball unless he's assisted in a homicide :D

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Jeff Van Gundy.

7. Greg8231984

Greg8231984 Member

Mutumbo? Haha, c'mon guys :D

Battier is by far the best. He sounds like he's running for office.

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Rafer Alston should not have zero votes. I was thinking Battier of course but then Alston second. Many times I would even prefer Alston to Battier since Shane gives cliched answers. Haven't heard Barry yet.

9. Landlord Landry

you've never heard of Steve Tang?

10. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Someone needs to post the clip of the Rockets impersonating
    Deke again, cant get enough of that.

How funny is Battier and Novak in that.

11. univac hal

univac hal Contributing Member

Yeah it should be a toss-up between Rafer and Shane.. I voted for him since he was on zero. Rafer gets no love from this board :p

12. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

It would be a lot more interesting if it was JVG doing the interview.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I didn't think I needed to do a NEW THREAD for WORST INTERVIEW. I am glad I get to watch the RECORDED game. I got your WORST right here:

Patti Smith:"So... kinda just tell us... How did it feel for you to be out there for your first game?"
    Ron Artest: "You know, it was a good game. We got a chance to play with each other and see each other's tendencies and everything like that. We got a chance let the young guys play. It was definitely a needed game for us."
    WTF? I heard NOTHING about anyone feeling anything. Patti didn't ask "was this a much needed game for you all, Ron?"... c'mon, now.

PS: "And, like you said, kind of seeing some of these young guys play together how important are these preseason games for you guys to come out here and see new faces up here to build up the chemistry with some new faces on this team?"
    RA: "Yeah, it's important for the young guys to get some confidence... maybe towards the end of preseason games that... some of the young guys get to play with the veterans a little bit... maybe you know... we become a team."
    Much closer, but still NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION.Bonus points for mentioning "play with", something related to "chemistry."

PS: "I was talking to Coach [Adelman] before the game and he said that this is the team he fully expects this team to have 10 or 11 teams to fully play with such depth on that bench, do you see that as a player out there?"
    RA: "Yes. Guys worked on their game in their summer time and you see Carl Landry jump shot gotten better and uh Hayes jumpshot's gotten better so everybody improves... they'll be able to and stay on the floor a little longer..."
    We're improving on actually answering what we received as questions... good, Ron... good... you're learning.

PS: "what do you guys look to improve on heading into the game on THURSDAY?"
    RA: "Just improve on everything. There's not one thing that we need to improve on. We need to improve on everything."
    Acceptable. This s the PALIN way. Reverse the schiett out of the question... answer something related, but not a detail we need. :)

I know we didn't hire Ron Artest for his interviewing skills. Fine. I hope this is not an indication of how RA will pick up the Adelman offense :D ... Fox Sports Houston and Patti Smith, please learn from this... don't interview this guy anymore... just let him shoot and score, and have his publicist talk for him... no vocabulary skills, just a good player... hope this interview skill stuff doesn't reflect on his gameplay and ethics...

Damn, I'm reading into this too much. :(