1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which 09 Lottery Pick will contribute the most next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Jun 28, 2011.

Tags:
?

Who?

1. Jonny Flynn

23 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. Terrence Williams

71 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. Jordan Hill

99 vote(s)
    45.2%
  4. Hasheem Thabeet

26 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

PG Jonny Flynn
    [​IMG]

G-F Terrence Williams
    [​IMG]

F-C Jordan Hill
    [​IMG]

C Hasheem Thabeet
    [​IMG]

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think Blake Griffin will contribute the most to basketball.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Will he finally breakout???

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d76A6IGt-mg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Jonny Flynn seems to be the only one with a brain so he wins by default.

5. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Tough question

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now all we need is a 2009 lottery SG.

7. alethios

alethios Member

I think if we take the height of Thabeet, the speed of Flynn, the defense of TWill and the dreadlocks of Hill, splice 'em together, we might actually have a decent role player.

8. snc

snc Member

I would pick the one who is LEAST buried in the depth chart but they are all tied for last. Hill got the most minutes last year but I'm thinking/hoping Patterson takes a lot of those minutes this year.

Um... I'll go with... any one except Thabeet.

Yeah, not that guy.

9. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Without making a trade, best case senario for us would be the light bulb turning on for thabeet. Big man take the longest to develop and I'm hoping Mchale can help this kid. You can't teach height or athletism, and Thabeet has both! I'm just hoping he makes the most strides this summer, we don't need him to score. He just needs to be able to defend the paint and rebound.

All four kids still have potential. It is a very tough question to answer. I'm very happy to have all four! Odds are one maybe two of these players really shock everyone and take big leaps forward! I'm just hoping Thabeet comes out of no where and shows why he was the 2nd pick 2 years ago. Time will tell

10. Htown's2kFinest

No one would've every believed you back then if you where to say that Budinger would be playing more minutes today than all of those guys combined. :eek:

With him you can do a complete 09 Rockets line-up:

Flynn
    Twill
    Bud
    Hill
    Thabeet

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Thabeet might have height and some athleticism or but he lacks coodrination ..... he's about as nimble as .... Fat Man and for those of you who dont know much about history , Fat Man was the name of the bomb dropped on Nagasaki in August 1945.

[​IMG]

I'll go with Jordan Hill ..... Only because he actually contributed last season.

12. ThaShark316_28

In before "none of them".

13. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Hill, since he will be traded for a player who might actually contribute.

Otherwise I'l go with Flynn

14. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

None of the above?

I'd guess I'd go with Thabeet, if I had to choose.

15. djimi

djimi Member

i chose Thabeet cos i think he has like the lowest ceiling and expectation, plus, if it was me being criticised like how Thabeet is being criticised, i'd work my arse off and make sure i come back the next season to prove all the critics wrong.

As i mentioned before, Rockets should really organise Dream and Dikembe to work out with him for a few days, let them show him what greatness is all about and perhaps teach him some Afrikan pride.

16. Turpis

Turpis Member

Or a Predator.

17. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I'm guessing Thabeet will solidify his bust status next year, and Williams will get himself traded, so it's between Hill and Flynn. Hill may show himself consistent enough to be a backup but never a starter, and Flynn has the chance to overcome injuries well enough the Rockets feel comfortable trading Dragic...I'm going with Flynn by a hair.

18. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

None of the them?

A better poll would be who would be off this team first.

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Jonny Flynn and Jordan Hill have shown themselves to be NBA-caliber players. Not good NBA players, mind you, but NBA players. Odds are that it's one of those two.

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed and I've followed Flynn back to his days at Syracuse. Dude can play and is smart enough to understand the game. Trying to make him a triangle PG was never a good idea. Sure, those two comments might sound contradictory but the point is his strengths as a player are more tailored towards a PnR based and/or more traditional halfcourt system.

The minutes may be hard to come by, but as I stated earlier: I'll go with the only guy in the group that appears to have a brain.