1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's Rony Seikaly?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MrBastard, Jan 12, 2000.

1. MrBastard

MrBastard Member

He's a big guy that can play, or at least take up space. Certainly more effective than Thomas Hamilton, who remains morbidly obese two months into the season. Perhaps more effective than Anthony "Pig" Miller. And maybe more effective than the casual efforts of Kelvin Cato. Cato is a shot-blocker, and not much more.

Olajuwon says he feels better than he has in the last three years, something he has said at the beginning of each of the last three seasons. Certainly he looks like a superstar in practice against "Mr. Mean" Larry Smith and Carlos Rogers. But don't we all remember the night John Salley shut him down in LA? And I'm not talking about 12 years ago, I mean in November.

Sure, Miller and Hamilton pull down rebounds, but the primary source of rebounds is missed shots, something the Rockets have had no trouble generating. The Rockets need a big guy who can score, or at least know where he is in relation to the basket. We do not have that right now. (rolling tape of Hamilton's hook shot) I'm not saying Rony's the answer, but it's a pretty good guess.

GW

2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Seikaly has been injured. Last I heard, there were reports of him possibly signing with Detroit. He's suppose to be ready to play by late January.

3. 2Sandwiches

2Sandwiches Guest

hmmmmmmmm
    nice nick MrNewcomer
    [​IMG]

4. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

You think the Rockets have any interest in this guy now that T-Ham has been cut? Seems like there could be a spot for him on this team even with Cato and Dream back. Perhaps they think he's too old and would rather bring in a young guy. The other names mentioned don't seem like they'd help this team. Eric Riley? All I remember of him is that he never played. Speaking of former Rocket backup centers, what is Zan Tabak up to these days?

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Seikaly, if healthy, is good enough to give us an advantage at the Center position. Or, maybe, dare I day, Small Forward. He can really run the court. Upon his arrival in Orlando, he told then-Magic bomber Dennis Scott that he would "get all those wide open threes again"...but that would have involved Rony actually passing the ball, so, you know, it didn't happen...However, he did score well with Orlando, while running the floor and finishing like few other centers in the game could..

I would like to see......

Dream C
    Cato PF
    Seikaly SF
    Anderson SG
    Francis PG

Not bad.

6. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

By no stretch of the imagination is Seikaly a small forward.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Not a bad idea!

By the way, whats his current injury?

------------------
    Tanking is not acceptable. End of story.

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Probably the same foot injury he had the whole time in New Jersey, it is most likely he will not play in the nba and just head over to Europe for some easy money