1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where would you like to see Dream play if NOT here.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by clutchdream, Apr 14, 2001.

1. clutchdream

clutchdream Member

My pick would be the NY Knicks because they could use Hakeem alot and if the Knicks go on to win the Championship next year, Hakeem will get SOOOO much deserved attention when he retires. My second pick would be the Miami Heat but i think Hakeem should pick Knicks over Heat because he'll get more playing time there. I also wouldn't mind him going to Dallas but i would prefer him not going to our state rivals. Teams I would hate to see Hakeem going would be you guessed it, the Spazz or the Blazers. Sorry hakeem, if you go to one of these two teams, i think i will have to root against you.

------------------
    Baseball is wrong, a man with four balls can't walk.

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

[​IMG]

------------------
    Chris Webber at the July 28, 2001 3:00 PM news conference when he announces where he will go:

"It seemed tough, but with guidance from Steve Francis, I learned my true destiny. That destiny is to play for the Houston Rockets, to bring them back to championship glory. One big man is all they need, and I believe I can fill that void. Thanks to the loyal fans in Sacramento, but Houston, Texas is where I belong."

3. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Play here, or retire! [​IMG]

------------------
    They couldn't stop him in the early 90s; now they can't stop him in the 21st century
    -- Bill Worell on Phoenix defense on Hakeem

4. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I think I wouldn't mind seeing him play for that Rockets organization I keep hearing about.

------------------

5. Valio!

Valio! Member

I guess he could earn another degree and play for UH again...I woulndt be against that...

------------------
    "I didn't like jr. high when I was there. Why would I want to watch it on tv?" P. Mesku's opinion about "Survivor"

6. TraJ

TraJ Member

YMCA

------------------
    The sky is falling!

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Nowhere, if he doesn't play here then he neds to retire, as said millions of times before he is Houston basketball whether you're talking NBA or college.

------------------
    Arkansas' Biggest Rocket Fan!

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I can't speculate about something that won't happen.

Oh, wait, yes I can....trade scenarios.

But Hakeem has done an about-face, removed his foot from the grave, given this team his all. Now I can't see him in anything but the Rockets uniform, even if it is ugly-ass clown-suit pinstriping.

------------------

9. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

It would be sooooo awesome if, after having tried for so long to win a championship under Ewing, the Knicks suddenly acquire Hakeem and take the title.

Ewing would be absolutely p*ssed that Hakeem is able to get the job done when he couldn't for so long. It would help reinforce just how much better Olajuwon is.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

By Fade away : "Ewing would be absolutely p*ssed that Hakeem is able to get the job done when he couldn't for so long. It would help reinforce just how much better Olajuwon is."

It would prove how much better Hakkem is, but nothing needs to be proved to me. Hakeem is the great one! :> but i wouldn't like to see hakeem bplaying in another jersey other than the new rockets uni's! [​IMG]
    I just can't think about seeing hime in another uni. :O

------------------

11. OT

OT Member

If he wants to play for another team, let's just rename the Rockets to the "Dreamers" and he can play for them.

------------------

12. cson

cson Contributing Member

...I may be a pharisee (sp), AND above all I'd rather see him w/ us or retired,....but all legendary centers do seem to pass through a Lakers uni.....

------------------
    C-son
    ---------------------
    Dream on

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

starting power forward for the lakers, i know it is a stretch for him at power forward, but with zone defense it should'nt be too hard to guard the quicker pf's. PLus we would get to see olajuwon play at least twice a week on national television.

------------------
    http://www.democrats.com

mgh 1925-2001