1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where to watch the 2012-13 Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Peanut07, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

will league pass work with an iPad?

2. Jamers

Jamers Member

3. 13th Man

13th Man Member

I've always thought that sports nuts that buy these packages were losers with no life but I'm really tempted to get league pass this year LOL.

If I miss a game I'd like to be able to watch it in its entirety without commercials which is a bonus plus this year I'll be following the Rockets, Knicks, Lakers, Heat and Thunder. I have unlimited bandwidth so this just might be worth it!

4. mgpwr

mgpwr Member

Well, it was my first time getting the league pass last season. Initially, I tried to avoid purchasing it. Eventually I got fed up with always trying to find links or sites that supposedly broadcasted the games for free, but they never worked. In the process, I missed a lot of games and wasted a lot of time.

Since you're following all those teams (and have unlimited bandwidth :cool:), I'd say go for it and save yourself the hassle. I know you can watch up to 4 games at once. And if you choose not to, you can also watch (and re-watch archived games which are available up until when the playoffs end from what I recall - btw, playoff games are not included or archived).

5. Arthurprescott2

I don't pay for cable - but I have been willing to pay for League pass for the past few years.

6. mgpwr

mgpwr Member

Well, it was my first time getting the league pass last season. Initially, I tried to avoid purchasing it. Eventually I got fed up with always trying to find links or sites that supposedly broadcasted the games for free, but they never worked. In the process, I missed a lot of games and wasted a lot of time.

Since you're following all those teams (and have unlimited bandwidth :cool:), I'd say go for it and save yourself the hassle. I know you can watch up to 4 games at once. And if you choose not to, you can also watch (and re-watch archived games which are available up until when the playoffs end from what I recall - btw, playoff games are not included or archived).

7. 13th Man

13th Man Member

Thanks I think I will sign up tomorrow if they're going to show the 1st preseason game against OKC. I don't really follow the other teams religiously, moreso keeping an eye on them.

I'll be watching all of the Rockets games though and maybe some Lakers games as well mainly because of Nash.

As for the playoffs that's ok most will be televised, correction I do have basic cable but not HD.

8. 13th Man

13th Man Member

But you're right about the hassles of searching for streams. Even though sites like firstrowsports is pretty good, it's low quality and riddled with pop-ups, freezing etc. It will be a pleasure to be able to watch in HD without troubles.

I'm really looking forward to watching games that I've missed as well without the commercials :) Thanks for the lead, I'm definitely signing up tomorrow.

9. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

Step 1: http://forum.wiziwig.eu/forums/10-NBA-Basketball

Step 2: Go to that day's streaming thread (i.e. titled "NBA Today! Day Month"). This should be at the top of the page (stickied). For example, this is the thread for yesterday's games (Oct. 9): http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/78316-NBA-Today!-9th-October-Preseason.

Step 3: Find the game and link you want. Most are web-based, but some require programs such as Sopcast or Streamtorrent.

I use this site for every sport (football, mma, boxing) and there have only been a handful of games I haven't been able to find (all college football involving un-ranked Pac-12 teams).

1 person likes this.
  10. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

In Brazil league pass coust $139 or 5x $28

+ exchange and taxes

we pay almost the triple...:(

11. mgpwr

mgpwr Member

12. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Playoff games and Finals are included, for me.

13. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

The quality of most streams is pretty abysmal, regardless of fast your connection is.

14. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Since CSN Houston covering this game, isn't it automatically going to be on League pass (live or archived, doesn't matter to me)?

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

If you are out of the Houston area and want to watch this game, PM me.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

firstrowsports.eu

17. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Depends on your carrier, and if you're in the Rockets market your games will be blacked out regardless of having NBA League Pass.

18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I don't think Clutch wants us to post those kinds of links publicly.

19. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I just have international league pass broadband and isn't league pass basically the middleman between you and any channel that locally broadcasts the game?

20. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Talking about league pass, I always hesitated to purchase until I attended a real game with a budget plan. I choose cheap route and cheap seat without any expense on food or any extra stuff. When I'm back home I found out I just paid over $100 for the ticket, parking, gas...and I don't like the view from my seat.

It depends on if you watch a lot of games, but for me it's 82 HD games for all the team(I enjoy watching every single team). No brainer since it's about the cost of attending an average game but you get to watch hundreds of smooth HD games on the pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.