1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where to get cheap original CD's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by stevesazninvazn, Dec 12, 2007.

Tags:
  1. stevesazninvazn

OK. So I'm trying to build up my music collection big-time. I wanna find out where I can get a bunch of CD's for cheap, on the the internet. Doesn't matter what genre, if they have the sleeves and all the crap in there or not, the only thing that i want is the disc itself, preferably in pretty un-scratched conditions. any ideas as to where i should start looking? btw, i live in the SF bay area, so if any of you guys know a good shop that sells really cheap cd's i could go check that out oo. thanks.

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

amazon! lots of cds are selling for 50 cents or less.

3. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Amoeba Records on Haight is a fantastic music store. There are other new/used stores in that neighborhood as well.
    Good luck.

4. bladeage

It might be a better idea to get an Ipod.

5. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I can't really offer anything, but I'm curious as to what your plan is what with the prevalence of digital music, torrents, and the like. What do you need 'real' CDs for?

6. bladeage

He must be one of those "look at my 3 million cds that I have to show off, but I have never listened to them and probably never will because I'm too cool for school" guys.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Does it come with original CDs in it? :rolleyes:

I mean, explain the whole thing... are you saying that if he gets an iPod, he might get CHEAPER CDs? :p

I would say search for the particular CD you want, then see if there are any 'new and used from' prices under it.

I think I know what you mean... you want to browse the CDs and choose some you want? I've done this at HALF-PRICE Books. No waiting for delivery, no paypal'ing.

8. stevesazninvazn

i mostly just want the cd's so i can have a hard copy of everything. i used to torrent a lotta stuff, but my hard drive crashed and i didnt back anything up, and i lost it all. i cuoldl just re-download everything and back it up this time, but quite a few friends and i are pooling are money for lotsa music on cd's so we can pass it around without worry of viruses on online downloads and drm.

9. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Amazon Marketplace, Ebay, and Spun.com are great.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yourmusic.com
    Bmgmusicservice.com
    cheap-cds.com
    half.com
    and of course amazon marketplace

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yeah, I used to be one of those guys. Now I'm stuck with over 6000 CD's that I have no use for except to upload to private torrent sites. Now that I've got them all ripped and saved on external HD's I'd LOVE to get rid of every single one of 'em. I'd feel like a complete jackass walking in a pawn shop with 6000 CD's for sale.

Digital is the now.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You do realize if you took the time and sold em all on ebay you could make at least $25,000.

13. bladeage

By the time he sold them all he would be stressed from all the BS you go through selling on ebay. He would be better off taking it to a pawn shop, but unfortunately pawn shops no longer take CDS.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was thinking that too. But if he sold 10 a week the entire process wouldn't take that long, probably under an hour once he got the routine down. Eventually thats 25,000. I probably wouldn't get off my ass either. But a motivated respectable human would.

15. bladeage

that is considering he will find a taker for each of his cds. What if they are crappy?

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Took that into account. Although admittedly half-assed. Also tried to account for listing fees and unforeseen shipping mishaps.

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I drink too much beer and spend too much time masterbating to get motivated for much of anything.

18. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Sig material.

19. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Its funny cuz its true.