1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is your go to place for pop culture reviews and recaps?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jiggyfly, Dec 16, 2019.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I went to the AV club religously and loved their comment section but they have fallen off very hard.

I used to read Sepinwall and he was my gateway drug to recapping shows, don't know where he is now.

I read vulture and they usually do a good job but no comments.

Grantland was great and the Ringer is cool but they don't recap a lot of the shows I watch.

I read what people say here but there does not seem to the indepth discussion about shows that I like.

Anybody got a go to place?

2. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

You mean besides Clutchfans, right?

J Sizzle, Sajan, jo mama and 2 others like this.
  3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I never understood the point of show recaps.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Gizmodo media staff has basically all quit -- it started with Deadspin and has trickled down through the other sites.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Have you ever been in a book discussion?

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Maybe try Reddit, there's usually a dedicated subreddit for every show, with people discussing and analyzing everything to death, coming up with theories etc.

jiggyfly and Jontro like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

i don't keep up with pop culture and other cool things, just pr0nz. my world knowledge is from d and d forum and my cultural knowledge i get from the jerry lin thread.

Yung-T likes this.
  8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't follow much of the pop culture other than the shows, podcast and musics I listen to usually but I keep hearing promos for Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast on NPR you might be interested in:

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I still generally trust the AV Club for most of my TV/Movie reviews. Also the /Filmcast podcast is good.

Grantland used to be a go-to, but the Ringer isn't even close to that level of quality.

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I actually have listened to that podcast but not for awhile I need to check them out again.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah Grantland was great, I still like The Ringer for the podcasts it's my favorite spot for that.