1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is the heart, the fire, the passion?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 15, 2007.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Admittadly it is only 9 games, but the Rockets starters are still lacking passion and heart, they seem leaderless out on the floor.

I think Bob Sura's injury left a gaping hole on the team that to this day is still not filled.

Could it be Bonzi, sure, he plays hard, with passion but who do you replace in the starting lineup? Battier - perhaps.....

Steve Francis, could he be the fire and passion guy - sure, but not until he gets his attitude straight and starts trying to actually work hard at being a Houston Rocket again.

I do see Yao continuing to play harder, but not all the time, and still not vocal enough - it may just not be in him.

Tmac .....PUHHHLEASE...the guy is an amazing talent but he couldn't lead a group of lemmings to a cliff much less a basketball team.

Hayes - too quiet - LOVE the way he plays though.

Rafer - Why oh why, wasn't it HIS elbow that got strained?

The team is still gelling, I know, but you just don't see a sense of purpose or grit on the court like you do with the elite teams.

I am not sure there is an answer on the Roster currently, but I hope so....

BRING ON THE FIRE......BRING ON THE PASSION....SHOW US THE HEART OF A CHAMPION.........

DD

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Concur. I was trying to get this very point across to another Rockets fan during half-time but was not articulating. So, in the words of some of our more immortal posters, "whut he said!"

3. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The heart of a champion? This guy was riding the bench for 2 eastern conference lottery teams prior to coming here...

I expect he will get a chance with Tmac out, but if you think he is the "missing link" between us being good and being great, let's just say I don't have the same expectations.

4. DaDakota

I assume you are talking about Francis, and I agree, as I said in my post.

Perhaps Bonzi over Battier?

DD

5. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

This losses against Grizzlies and Lakers are unbeliavable frustraing.
    Agree DD?
    Better than last couple of seasons dough.

6. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

frustrating*

7. DaDakota

Yes, they are frustrating ,but honestly, I can take the losses if the team is trying hard and competing, but the last two games they were just NOT trying hard in the first half.

They laid down both times.....whereas teams like Phoenix and San Antonio generally come out and Step all over lessor oppponents to quash their weak confidence.

The Rockets seem content to let the young teams hang around and gain confidence......this is incredibly bad, and downright stupid.

DD

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Need a leader, eh? Do you call this destiny?

[​IMG]

Rafer/Head for him straight up?

Too bad the Clippers are 5-2 and probably in the "If it aint broke...." mode. I guess we should wait a couple months before the reality of them not being a very good basketball team sets in.

9. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

[​IMG]

Anyone miss this guy?

10. DaDakota

Juwan is not not NOT a good leader.....Sam I am.....he would be EXACTLY what this team needs....even at his advanced age.

DD

11. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i dont know what ur talking about b/c our bench always shows a lot of passion, especially last night when t-mac was out. they stepped up and played with such great defensive intensity that it made JVG proud.

12. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

One word:
    KOBE

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'd love to see Sam back, and end his career with a ring.

Assuming that's not happening, we still need to improve our PG position. I wish Coach would at least give Brooks a few minutes. What are we risking by giving him a few minutes?

No SF at the point, please. We've seen him there, at the top of his game, and dribblemania really isn't what we need. Maybe a little run at the 2 would help us-- or maybe not-- but with T-Mac out, it might be worth a try. I think it'd be better to sign Harris to a 10-day.

I love Chuck Hayes, and I still have high hopes for Scola, but how about we run Landry a little? He might be able to hit some of those jumpers in the regular season, too. Unless Rafer's malady is infectious... Sheesh, that penultimate possession last night was pathetic, and then Rafer's last-second miss was the nail in his coffin, as far as I'm concerned.

14. DaDakota

Did you read the initial post? I was talking about the Starters ...and how they come out flat, and lacking passion.

DD

15. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

steve's got fire and passion alright...to overdribble.

16. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Red_1,

are you serious? I mean, this has to be sarcasm, right?

but you did take the time to post his image.

17. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

The heart heart is Steve Francis.

Unfortunately he is buried on the bench..... :mad:

18. fleshbody

fleshbody Member

Juwan is a good factor in the locker but not the leader.
    Cassel? Really likes him and his leadership, too bad he is old.
    If we can get somebody at PG to be our leader......wow, imagine that,titles would come easily, but i suppose it may cost us one of the superstars? Anyway, our PG really sucked and we need at least some brain for them,let alone leadership....
    PS:STEVE the NASH is really not expensive...but the SUNs would never trade him before he is,what,38? :rolleyes:

19. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Well if JVG was still coaching it would be all his fault.
    Since he is not coaching the team it is all their fault.

I still am waiting to see the big difference an offseason makes.

Not saying we aren't better with M James, Bonzi and Scola, but if you are looking for the heart, fire and passion this season it isn't because of a change in players.

TMac, Battier, Hayes, Yao, Rafer

I don't think M James and Bonzi have ever been known to be the heart and passion of any team.

I think this team has lost some mental edge. That is a better way of saying that they aren't playing their butts off on defense and the offensive load must be carried by Yao and TMac. Bonzi is the only addition at this point that I think makes us better. He is definately playing better than last season.

20. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member

its in steve...