1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is everyone at after Game 1?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Apr 29, 2019.

?

What is your gut feel?

1. Win Game 2, Win Series

2. Lose Game 2, Win Series

3. Win Game 2, Lose Series

4. Lose Game 2, Lose Series

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

As the refs constantly made calls in favor of the Warriors, I was almost numb to it. I've come to expect the greatest team ever assembled to get calls their way in every game they ever play. I'm not sure why the NBA favors the Warriors so much, no one outside of band wagoners and the Bay Area seem to want to watch them continue to dominate. I know several people who quit watching the NBA because of the Warriors (these are people outside of Houston who aren't fans of either team). The Rockets taking them out would go a long way to help the view of parity (even if the Rockets don't go on to win the Championship)

I think the Rockets will take Game 2 but I'm not sure if I see them pulling out 4 of the next 6 games. My gut tells me the Rockets win the series but I wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors win in 5 or 7.

dcfma, bballjunkie and BigShasta like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I feel like it will go 7 games...but we'll see the same BS in game 7...so...

3. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

5 games we win 4 in a row

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

In my mind, Morey going public will go a long way. The attitude of JVG and Jackson during the broadcast will go a long way. People outside of Warriors World view Game 1 as tainted and I think complaining now is going to help dictate the way this series is officiated. The Rockets can take 4/7 games if it's fairly called, the question becomes if they will be able to take 4/6 with fair officiating. Calls aren't going to go our way for the series but I think calls aren't going to go the Warriors way either after this debacle.

5. bratna8

bratna8 Member

This, I still think we win 5 like I predicted from the beginning

ISOBall and BigShasta like this.
  6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I say if we lose game 2 its over.

CK Johnson and Tracy McIverson like this.
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

G-dammit i accidentally clicked lose game 2 and lose series.. meant to pick the first option.

The Rockets are the better team if the ish is called fairly. Rockets in 6.

8. macan

macan Member

game 2 gonna tell us a lot about this series. if we win game 2, we finish dam fools in 6!

bro2044 and J Sizzle like this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

changed it for you to allow a switch.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

I like the irrationally optimistic cut of your A1 Sauce jib, @ISOBall!

ISOBall likes this.
  11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Refs will favor us in game 2. We need to take this 7 for the NBA manipulators in the league office to recoup max revenues. We ain't winning the series though. No way in hell.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Still where i was before, Warriors in 6/7 or Rockets in 7

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Win
    WIN!!

Rocket River

14. Voltik

Voltik Member

If fairly called, Rockets in 6. If not, then all hell comes lose at the Oracle and Rockets in Game 7. Had no doubt that this series was not going to be fairly officiated after last year and the first round this year. We can still win with everyone being healthy in whatever the situation with league and refs.

We need Rivers and everyone healthy in crucial Game 2. I don’t trust the refs at our home games based on Clippers series and our fans will never chant “Refs sucks” loudly enough to put pressure on the league.

bro2044 likes this.
  15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I don't think the refs will favor us.
    Now with gambling, there's more money to be made when the unexpected happens. Same as the stock market. When the numbers push beyond what is rational, you sweep up all the money of the rational scrubs.

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Should of been a sweep. The Rockets were punished for allowing the clippers to win 2 games.

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

If we get Scott Foster in game 2 the series will be over in no time lol.

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It’s a shame we can’t watch these two teams play under the same circumstances

19. StevieCrossover

According to my prediction, we will lose game 2. Refs will call close game.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I won’t go the conspiracy route. (Or maybe I will) But having the Rockets winning the series payout 3.4x seemed so ridiculous I would assume it was quite the popular bet.