1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where Have You Gone Warren Moon?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ryan17wagner, Nov 10, 2008.

1. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Matt Schaub? Big Bad Bust! Sage Rosenfels? Well, he has seven turnovers in seven quarters of play this year to go along with that Texas-sized meltdown against the Colts in week four. Sprinkle some sage on that Texan fan.

This great city has been without a legit quarterback since 1993 when Warren Moon led the Houston Oilers to 12-4 with an AFC Central title before he was traded off to the Minnesota Vikings.

What's the deal? Why can't Houston get a GM in here who knows how to find a quarterback? Look around the NFL. There are quarterbacks around this league that came out of nowhere and Houston can't catch a break.

Dallas has Tony Romo, a two-time Pro Bowler who went undrafted. Atlanta and Baltimore have two rookie's starting, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco and both teams are 6-3 and in the playoff hunt. Arizona has a former grocery sacker, 37-year old Kurt Warner who has his team in first place. Chicago and Minnesota have Kyle Orton and Gus Frerotte, both known as backups but both have their teams tied for first place and Houston looks clueless at the position.

The Texans need a makeover from head-to-toe and it needs to start at the quarterback position. The Texans need someone that can lead this team, get them fired up and someone who can lead a comeback or put a game away when needed. Until that happens, here's to dreaming of Warren Moon wrecking havoc on NFL defenses.

Notes: Since Moon left the quarterback reigns in Houston, no Houston quarterback, Oilers or Texans, has led his team to a record over .500.

http://houstonist.com/2008/11/10/where_have_you_gone_warren_moon.php

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Houston did have Steve McNair for a couple of seasons before the Oilers bolted. But they also started scrubs like Bucky Richardson, Chris Chandler, and Billy Joe Tolliver.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wow, what a shallow uninformed piece. Is this an actual article or a DaDakota post? (ZING!!!)

At the risk of sounding like Ric, does this guy actually WATCH the games?? Sounds like he's just repeating what the guy next to him in the elevator said this morning.

What will his next piece be, an article about how the Texans need a cornerback like Chris Dishman?

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

uhm... "Ignacio Salazar" obviously slept through most of moon's tenure with the oilers...

5. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Jaja. I'm sure it was elevator passe.

6. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Warren is currently doing color commentary for the Seahawks radio.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Seattle fans are calling for Moon to come out of retirement, too. Heck, the Seahawks QB situation might be worse than ours.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

loved warren, he had his own to issues

8. famicom

famicom Member

If we can have an offensive line like Mike Munchak and Bruce Matthews that would be great too! We still need some talent at both lines, but it's the same old story... Having our QB's sacked will not make them successful.

9. msn

msn Member

Where's the love for Commander Cody?

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

more love for Bucky than Cody, for whatever stupid reasons that don't make sense. Just the guy I always liked..

god stop calling Schaub a bust.. (not you, msn)

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

no kidding: he has a 91 QB rating this year. i mean.....

12. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Warren's on facebook.

We're friends. :D

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Do you know him personally? :confused: I never understood this fascination with adding unknown peeps... nothing against YOU personally, Ms. 'Street, it's just that I find it weird. :eek:

I am friends with Andy Bernard, the 'Nard Dog ;).

14. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

What happened to Gary Brown?

15. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Where have you gone Bucky Richardson?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What? No love for Oliver Luck? Or Gifford?

DD

17. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Can he still play QB? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

18. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

We should seriously have open tryouts. Texas-Tech style.

Whoever we pick out from the stands can't be any worse. Perhaps we can pick out some O-linemen from the stands as well :)

19. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

If I were a GM I think I'd be tempted to draft a QB every year. The position is so important and projecting success is so uncertain that you have to throw a broad net...

20. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

exactly....i mean look what happened to the falcons this year with matt ryan. Who could have predicted that?