1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where have you gone, Marcus Morris?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2013.

1. tomato

tomato Member

Has anyone around the team noticed if Morris' problem is attutide? As a distant observer, it looks like he saw Patterson doing well, then had a bit of a competitive stretch before hitting a rough patch and conceding the spot. Now it looks like he isn't caring enough to do well off the bench.

2. Arthurprescott2

Jesus... at this rate, we're never going to be able to get good value for Morris, which means we'll be stuck w/ his bum ass on the team for longer. Sickens me that he's taking minutes from DMo and Jones.

3. art

art Member

our guards get more rebs than our pfs

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

We extended their contracts to early

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I need some help understanding Marcus Morris.

I was led to believe that he could cause matchup problems. That he could post up smaller defenders. And that he could out-quick bigger defenders, pulling them out to the perimeter then driving to the basket.

But I don't recall ever seeing any of this. I often see a bigger, slower PF matched up against him when he has the ball on the perimeter. As I'm yelling, "What the hell are you doing?! Drive!" he just stands there and holds the ball for a minute, before doing some fancy ball handling and shooting a contested jumper.

Am I the only one who is bothered by this? I haven't seen all the games (thanks, Les), but in the games I have been able to watch I've never seen him take his man to the hole and finish. Not only that, I don't even see him attempting to do this. Is he just not able to do this? Do I overrate him? Or is he just not confident in himself for whatever reason?

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Morris is submissive. He's not an aggressive alpha male on the court. Not that he's soft, but if you almost always get the ball and look to pass when you aren't in spot up three position, what good are you.

Atleast parsons gives his obligatory pumpfake before mustering a weak ass drive to the rim.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Warmly welcome back Marcus Morris!

8. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Patience...to not only Marcus.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Definitely prefer Morris over Patterson if one of the two's has to be traded, don't forget this is only Marcus's 2nd season ( + he didn't even play last season) and this is Paterson's 3rd season.

Its funny because patterson show'd so much promise his first season, his first real game i remember he got 15 and 10. He play'd like a MAN, good D, had post moves, play'd strong! play'd above the rim, hustled got tip in and was solid rebounding and had his consistent mid range J.

Then his second season...he just turned into a average to below average bench player who's below the rim, can't rebound, avg D, this season the same.

anyways, morris play'd great tonight, hit shots, great D, rebounded decently, fit right in spreading the floor, getting up the court, hustle plays.

10. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Finally, you're back from vacation!!!!

11. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

That's funny but yeah, welcome back Morris!

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So... We got the good one today, right? Markieff?