1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where are the Malick Badiane threads?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pistol Pete, May 22, 2007.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The guy has had more seasoning than a Cajun seafood dish. I'm surprised no one is back on the Badiane Train. By this time last year, some of you had him being the power forward prototype of the next decade.

Step it up fellas......

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Does he still play basketball? :confused:

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Nice :rolleyes:

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

more proof jvg cant develop young guys.... :D

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sigh
    you know the rockets got eliminated from the playoffs when badiane's name pops up.

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

He does remind me of KG because they are both black.

With Rudy and JVG gone, Badianne should develop into the pf of the future in the summer league.

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

:confused:

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

9. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

With his wing span, he'll average 5 blocks a game. Book it!

Not Really :D

10. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

I'm not sure he ever played basketball.

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't know about him. But I did see a post about the Israeli player we have that basically said he can't play defense and needs at least another few years.

Don't understand how we could have been wanting to win now as an org. when we took international projects?

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

latest I heard is

"Badiane working on his rap album"

13. Hayes44

Hayes44 Member

That's not even true.

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Here is info i found on both our international prospects.

Malick Badiane...from another blog site, so take with a grain of salt...
    btw he is now with the Artland Dragans in Euroleague.

"
    I dont understand how the whole Badiane situation has been handled. As late as three years ago he was considered to be a bonafide NBA prospect and then...nothing...what went wrong there? Was he never that good/talented to start with or has he been poorly developed?

I'd say both. He was not as talented as many believed and I guess that he was drafted back then because of his size, blockshoting abilities and rebounding. And it's not that he didn't improve - his FT shooting improved a lot, he added a bit of weight and his jumper is better now, too, plus he also improved his biggest strength - rebounding. But the main problems remain: body coordination is almost non-existant, he so often misses to catch a ball (pass or sometimes even rebounds), his defense is bad - mostly because he wants to block his opponent all the time and can be easily faked but also because his footwork is not good. And in offense he wants to dunk all the time rather than scoring the easy points - often resulting in turnovers or missed dunks (I only remember game 5 of last years BBL Finals when he was able to bring Frankfurt back into the game again with seconds to go and missed the dunk ). Imo he also wasn't developed properly in these regards by the people who work with him, both in Frankfurt and Houston (he works out there with Pat Ewing every summer), and despite him being still young I'm not sure if this will change. Frankfurt has a decent name for developing players but actually they never really produced a top talent - the Academy only exists on paper and most of the talents who played/play there didn't have a lot of success (Khartchenkov, Fehse, Kleemichen, Todic - just to name a few)."
    -- http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=19&highlight=malick+badiane

ON Lior Eliyahu...

seems to be developing well. I haven't seen him play, but he is the 2nd best scorer and rebounder on his Euroleague team. Also looks like he is not shooting the 3-pt as much. His team lost in semis to the Euro Final Four thing. He also has a blog site... http://www.euroleague.net/news/blog/lior-eliyahu

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He got cut from his german league team and was riding the pine for another German league team last time I checked.

I wonder what the proportion of v-span supporters to badiane hypers was.

16. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

No way Badiane got cut by a crap team then went to the end of the bench to a crappier team. Surely if that had happened a Badiane backer like Brockstapper would have come around these parts to eat crow.

As far as the ratio of Vspan to Badiane supporters. It was 2-1 in favor of Badiane, well, that is if you leave out the 95% of us who didn't give a damn about either of them.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People anticipating Badaine to be in the NBA are the same people waiting for the new Guns N Roses album.

18. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

Malick Badiane is KG in Greece.

19. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, that was a pretty offensive thing to say about cajun seafood dishes.

I think the thread starter should take it back.