1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where are the Lakers without Shaq???

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Title99, Jun 20, 2000.

1. Title99

Title99 Contributing Member

I have to admit that I am happy for Shaq. He has really matured into a classy player, has worked really hard, and deserves his ring. As for Kobe, he is just overhyped. Therefore to vent my anger at the LA media darlings I ask this question: Where would the Lakers be without Shaq?
    I say they are maybe an 8th seed. Kobe just isn't that good!!!!!

------------------

2. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Well...they would be...home right now.

I am happy for Shaq. But, I think in the end, Kobe is going to get tired of playing second fiddle and leave the Lakers. But it won't be until after about 5 more years.

------------------
    I Want To Thank God For Making Me A Rocketfan

3. Title99

Title99 Contributing Member

Almu,
    I totally agree. I was saying the same thing during the game tonight. Kobe wants to be the next MJ so bad. The fact that he isn't even the best player on his team is going to continue to eat at him. I too, think he will leave but I think it could be as short as 3 years. Those two won't last as long as Jordan and Quitten.

------------------

4. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I doubt it.

Kobe knows that as Shaq's body begins to wear down with age, the mantle will be passed with him. He'll be a Laker 'till he retires.

------------------
    Its only my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

5. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

LA without Shaq would look scarily like our current Rockets. One potentially great player (Kobe-Francis), no post players, a few streaky players (Rice-Mobley).
    Shaq makes the lakers, of course he needs Kobe to put them over the top, but Shaq is the most dominating player in the NBA right now.

------------------