1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where are all the condescending "smart" posters?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T for 3, May 12, 2017.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I think its funny that they all said the Harden haters would eventually disappear from the forum after he proved us wrong. All year they would use one metric or another to prove Harden was deserving of being mentioned with the championship players. All the while, mocking the "dumb" posters who questioned his heart, drive and character.

I say for one final time to these posters: PLAYERS ARE NOT DEFINED BY A STAT SHEET.

.Hell yes, it deserves its own thread, I would read it again.

#1 T for 3, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They sure are silent.

Even when I pointed out his advanced metrics had holes in them (his impact numbers are mediocre for starters) they would rather be condescending than discuss

DudeWah, Cashmoney, Dopamine and 8 others like this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Donknock has been silent for a while since I've blocked him.

But I sure wonder what he's doing right now.

According to his standard no-one on Clutchfans is a true Rockets fan right now.

4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I hear nothing but crickets.........

CapelaOnlyFan and HadToDoItCF like this.
  5. Mr. Clutch

It goes to show that people who think they are smart can really be quite dumb in reality.

The whole turnover thing was the best example. People were actually arguing that turnovers didn't matter at all for winning.

6. Mr. Space City

Doubters, Please Form a Line To Submit Your Apologies

7. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Everyone read this and come back better for next season:
    [​IMG]

T for 3 and Houstunna like this.
  8. Rocketeer4Life

Any team will not win a championship with Harden as the main guy. He is surely talented but a champion needs basketball IQ and a heart more.
    Unfortunately, you either have a heart or you don't. James Harden just doesn't have it.

9. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Wait, what's the point of this thread?

Harden is a top 5 player. He led the team to a 3 seeds and Western Semis
    He will be a runner up in MVP, make all NBA 1st.
    We are lucky to have him. Have a chance to contend as long as we have him.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Where do all the doubters place harden?

Top 10 ? Top 20 ?

Even the most strident harden supporters know that he had a bad game. He's had bad games in the playoffs and good games in the playoffs.

Trying to find a singular reason for why he had a bad game is a fools errand.

I don't think anyone is making the argument that harden is good enough right now to lead this team to the chip . The team isn't good enough and James isn't good enough.

I do think James has the potential to be that good , or hey maybe the team gets better.

If you don't think that building the team around James is the best chance we have of winning a chip over the next 5-7 years I would say you are an idiot.

It may come to pass that James and the rockets don't win a championship. Only 1 team wins every year . Being correct that James doesn't lead us to a ring isn't a display of basketball wisdom. It's a ****ing guess.

Jayzers_100, JayGoogle and Patience like this.
  11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Harden is a top 5 player. He led the team to a 3 seeds and Western Semis (irrelevant)
    He will be a runner up in MVP, make all NBA 1st.(irrelevant)
    We are lucky to have him. Have a chance to contend as long as we have him.(incorrect)

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  12. wizkid83

Well.... guess we just view the team differently. Be a fan in the way that floats your boat.
    Cheers... looking forward to draft night.

rocketman84 likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

But he doesn't have as many triple doubles as Westbrook.

This thread is the same as the threads created by the other side. Harden is a polarizing player, maybe not as much as McGrady and Lin, or even DMo. But this kind of polarization is common in this kind of fan boards. So every time the guy plays brilliantly, his fans/apologists would come out and gloat and demand crow eating. Then every time the guy plays poorly, his haters would come out and gloat and demand apology.

Unfortunately, this is not just one game. This is an embarrassing season ending game. So the emotion is high.

MoonBus and Houstunna like this.
  14. Mr. Clutch

The point is that people who talked about flaws were condescended to.

It was overall a good year, but also in some ways a lucky year. I don't think we'll always have the fewest injuries and our offense isn't gonna surprise anyone anymore.

Since January, after a fast start, we've been far from an elite team.

And harden seems to be getting slower and more tired every game.

T for 3 and HadToDoItCF like this.
  15. wizkid83

Were they? Don't care about it man, life goes on. Was a good ride no?

16. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

LOL pretty easy to brush off the rampant criticism from people who obviously agree with you, huh?

I have a personal metric, and I have weighted it to 50% of the overall grade, and that is that if you don't consider defense (which happens to be half the game), your BS opinion of who is "top five" means jack ****. MVP is an offense award, and has been forever. I want someone who actually gets down in their stance and rotates when needed on defense.

CapelaOnlyFan, Houstunna and T for 3 like this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

When Harden haters point out flaws everyone flips on them, When doubters post undeniable truths, the only response is "well he's still a good player, just move on" blah blah blah.

It doesn't seem all that fair.

18. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Oh, and OP: When you are delusional, it is always easier to say "you'll see" than to consider what we "have seen." The morons who said his defense was good and TO's don't matter are still going to say "you'll see" before they own up to reality....

I don't like it, but it is the way it is.

Houstunna, T for 3 and Mr. Clutch like this.
  19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Now you are whining about Rockets fans supporting their best player on a Rockets fan site? Nobody ever said you can't be critical of anything. It seems like you want a pat on the back for your pessimism. You aren't getting it from me.

D-rock, split41 and JayGoogle like this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

Yes it was a good ride and overall a successful season. We have a great gm, coach and tons of great role players.

But the truth of the matter is harden is overrated imo (past two years when he got lazy, he was a great player 2014-15 and before).

And we need 2-3 stars to win in this league. Just pointing out that our real goal is to win a ring not to have fun.