1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will Jlin get better?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Knickskiller, Nov 15, 2012.

1. JK1

JK1 Member

nobody writing him off for the season, except the haters. i personally think he is in a slump to start the season, and will turn it around soon.

it could be the knee, but i personally don't what to hear about it, if his knee is good enough to play on, then it should not be used as an excuse for the poor catch and shooting.

now if people say he is being utilized incorrectly, and that he should be the primary ball handler, and that this is the underlying problem, i would agree with that sentiment.

2. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

What was supposed to be a 6 week max recovery time is now going on 30+ weeks? Sorry, not buying it, unless there was more wrong with his knee than was initially let on.

I'm not writing him off. I'm just saying the knee injury excuse is weak. His play (on the offensive end) needs to improve, not his knee.

3. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

My point is that "excuse" is hardly the right word to make sense of Lin's early season performance. From what we've seen during last year's incredible breakout plays, Lin has the skills to be a very good PG in this league.

Are you questioning Lin's ability or his injury? You only need an excuse if you have done something wrong, BTW. Lin hasn't.

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/51647/lin-struggling-to-create-own-shot

This is an interesting read. Most telling tidbit.

"The Knicks and Thunder both had plenty of talent spread throughout the court, thus allowing Lin and Harden to excel in isolation without teams being able to collapse on one single player. The Rockets are different. Lin and Harden are the clear focal points of their offense – they’ve combined for 74 percent of their isolation plays this season."

5. JK1

JK1 Member

I would be intetested in seeing lin's iso stats pre and post wooden.

6. JK1

JK1 Member

Pre and during wooden - i mean

7. lfw

lfw Rookie

I find it strange that Lin would put an ice pack on his knee when he goes to the bench during games. I mean, I would understand after the game but during?? Does his knee swell up or is he experiencing pain?

Agreed that Lin needs to improve the offensive part of his game.

8. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Lin is learning how to play SG. You don't master a new position over night.:rolleyes:

9. VanityHalfBlack

Jlin will get better once Dei creates another Lin thread for that...

10. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

11. lfw

lfw Rookie

Where did I write that I expected Lin to master his position overnight? I agreed that Lin needs to improve on the offensive end. Please do not put words into my mouth. Thank you.

12. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

lol..easy, actually I was replying to rockmanslim. Just quote the wrong post.

13. dchoye

dchoye Member

I think we were spoiled by last season's Linsanity
    I'm still a big Lin fan even if he does not reach the same production
    He is good PG and really solid person off the court

14. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

douglas is outplaying lin for sure

15. torocan

torocan Member

Clearly 7 assists in the first half is awful.... either that or you're just showing how clueless you are. :rolleyes:

16. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Agreed, Marcus Morris

17. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Just show me one stat of Douglas outplaying Lin ... just one. Just One.

18. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

So you are saying all those PGs are better than Lin, right? Yes, you are right it happens...

19. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Ok....THE NOLA game, Look Lillard killed LIN both times, in these games, in the 4th in the first one and in OT, and in the second Port. game, in the 4th, and OT...TD was playing him ok, but Lillard did get off 1-3 3's against TD in the 4th, then Lin, got put in, then TD back in for D purposes for a sec. then Lin...and yes at one time Lin, and TD were on the court as well together....TD is not as much of a liability constantly, I know Lin's steals stats show different...but it's not always great D...TD is quicker, and can stay with the faster guards, and NYK are paying like 80% of his contract...so even one game out-proving Lin is a statement in this small sample size, of them as, Rockets.
    TD's STATS NOLA- Wed 11/14
    vsNO
    W 100-96 17 4-6 .667 4-5 .800 0-0 .000 1 2 0 0 2 1 12

Lin's Stats NOLAWed 11/14
    vsNO
    W 100-96 34 2-10 .200 0-3 .000 0-0 .000 4 4 1 3 1 2 4
    Lin played twice the amount of minutes...I think Lin is pretty good, and will get better, just as we have seen Asik grow this year on O, and even better D, and rebounding...so I think we'll see Lin progress, but I think his knee isn't fully healthy, I don't know what the NYK were even thinking about when they thought oh ya he may be available for the playoffs game 4 or whatever, that would have killed his career, possibly. I regress on that bc this isn't the dish, this is about Lin and TD on the Rockets...so that was one game I SHOWED YOU, not him....

the other game I bring up is the second Det. game Lin only played 26 mins. played, and TD played 21, but here were those stats, but I give Lin credit he had 0 TO's this game....but here are the stats between the two for that game....

Lin Sat 11/10
    vsDET
    W 96-82 26 2-7 .286 1-3 .333 2-2 1.000 4 8 0 1 1 0 7

TD Sat 11/10
    vsDET
    W 96-82 21 3-7 .429 1-3 .333 4-4 1.000 2 2 0 1 2 4 11

In both of these games...TD played the better D, and also shot pretty well...

So....Do you really think Lin has just been ballin, or something....?:confused:
    Lin has been average, below average for what we thought he'd be at...but again maybe it's his legs getting back under him, and prob. just a new team, not sure what comfortablenesses each player has yet..He plays the back door pass great...though...TD can't do that...Asik can't catch the ball either..so many TO's by Lin have happened dropping of Aisk the ball, along with some of Harden's TO's...

So far the MVP's of the Rockets this year top 3 in order....James Harden, Omer Asik, Mook Morris...Runner UP CHANDLER BANG, but I give Morris a nod, because he is playing great, and looks like he is comfortable in his position....

20. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Also if you look at per 48 mins...stats...here they are...
    stats read from left to right in order...Gms, Min., FGM/FGA, FG%, 3pm/3pa, 3pt%, FTM/FTA, FT%, OR, DR, REB., AST, STL, BLK, STL, PF, TOs, Pts.

Lin-Total 9 34.7 5.1-14.3 .355 1.2-4.6 .267 3.7-4.3 .857 1.1 5.4 6.5 9.2 0.9 3.2 3.4 3.5 15.1

Douglas-Total 8 15.8 4.6-16.8 .273 1.9-7.6 .250 5.0-5.0 1.000 0.4 3.0 3.4 6.1 0.0 3.4 5.7 3.8 16.0

Lin does have a good PER bc he is a lead leader in steals, and shooting a great clip at the FT line...but Lin is playing better, we know TD isn't good, and should prob. be our back ups back up...but we need money, Livingston would have been a waste of money, stop the hate on TD, when Lin face it isn't playing that great...Not like TD is starting, or taking minutes away from Lin...Lin needs to step up...He rarely has the same jump in his jump shot compared to last year, again don't mean to bring up last year...but face it LOF...he is not playing how we thought he would....

And had the Harden trade not happened, I think we might have 1 or 2 wins...we've been in every game....The bashing of the players here is ridiculous ...Oh ya we lost last night the sky is falling!:rolleyes: