1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When was the last time Rockets dominated its opponent?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by atwood, Apr 10, 2015.

1. atwood

atwood Member

Any one knows? I can't remember it myself. It seems to me this team could easily blew up 15pts lead, then gave away 20pts later. Or the team was behind for 15pts, then they fought back and took over the game in the end.

The injury plague and inconsistency of our roster were the biggest enemies in this year. Surprisingly or not, the team still hold one of the best records among the league.

Now with playoff looming in the corner, I am truly worried about the consistency of this team. If the team is not dominant enough, what should we expect on the playoff run?

2. SemisolidSnake

If you can't remember, it's been too long. We're winning games against the teams we're supposed to beat this year, which is a step up from previous years. However, the Rockets just don't have the "go for the neck and keep clamped down until the breathing stops" mentality. And that's dumb, because you can instantly change your mentality in a game.

In their video room, instead of watching themselves, they should be watching the Spurs to learn how to pass and play team ball. Then they should watch a combination of The Patriots and old Discovery Channel Serengeti documentaries to see how to kill something and keep killing it until you are certain it's dead (which takes 48 minutes to tell in NBA basketball).

3. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

The rockets have been playoff basketball all year because of injuries. It has been many times this year when the game has went late into the clock and there's like a 7 points difference. Most of the time the rockets came out with the W. But it's a double edge sword. we shown many times we can scrape out a win which is what the playoffs basically is, but we also seen games where we let the game slip playing slow.

4. Play07

Play07 Member

APRIL 7TH THREAD "when was the last time the rockets blew a team out ?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=264227
    APRIL 10Th THREAD "When was the last time Rockets dominated its opponent?"

My post in the last thread...

2012-2013 after Jan. "harden, parsons, lin, garcia, delfino, asik, didn't even include all the 9point wins where they had control the whole game. we say we have the best bench ever. but I think we lack the firepowoer "but have more guys that would grind it out now. IDK but numbers dont lie

cha 109-95
    GSW 140-109
    BKN 119-106
    Jazz 125-80
    NO 100-82
    lakers 125-112
    no 104-92
    sac 121-100
    sac112-102
    clippers 98-81 (no harden)
    cavs 116-78
    suns 111-81
    dallas 136-103

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

probably the last time they were healthy.

i'm just happy that they continued to scratch out victories that they probably shouldn't have had because of the injuries.

6. dragician

dragician Member

Rockets-Spurs April 10 2015 - 110-90.

7. atwood

atwood Member

Thanks Play07! I didn't see the previous thread. But you did assure my impression on this season. We haven't done anything similar this year. Truly miss the times when we just killed it by then end of 3rd and opponents just wanted to quit the whole 4th quarter and got out of T center.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Tonight.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We have never had Dwight-Smith-Jones-Dmo healthy together. :(

Not to mention Beverley. (Marginal as these players' impact may be, there is still a domino effect on the flow of a game when one player goes down.)

10. jbasket

jbasket Member

Best posts I've seen today.

11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

in about 4 hours brah

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So in other words we look like the 2012 Texans did heading into the playoffs.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We beat the crap out of the lakers

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

We had some garbage time wins against bad teams in mid-March

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

the way this team is built they can dominate teams with harden AND dwight. with just one its gonna be a grind more often than not.

but still they should be able to keep a big lead against the bad teams. rockets cna be pathetic sometimes.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if u count a blowout by 15+pts, the last time rockets did it was feb21 against the raptors. wow. before that there are 6 double digit wins but 10-13pts, which isnt a big lead esp for us.

17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Dominate? Hmm. When was Monica Lewenskinspeaking into Bill Clinton's skin microphone again?