1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When are early voting results released?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Falcons Talon, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Posted in D&D because by nature of the topic, it will become D&D worthy quickly if I put it in the Hangout.

I'm new to early voting...I've never really paid attention to the results of early voting in the past. My question is when are early voting results released? It seems like 1/3 of registered Texans have already voted. I'm curious to see how the election is looking.

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

After the polls close on Tuesday.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  3. HTM

HTM Member

Idk but I went about an hour ago... no line at the Harris County Law Library (probably the worst around noon though)

Falcons Talon likes this.
  4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Thank you for that info. I figured, but was not sure.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

To satisfy my curiosity, I went and found the early voting results for Texas in 2016: https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/historical/earlyvotinginfo.shtml. By comparing the early voting results to the overall results, you could see how behavior is different between early voting and election day voting. This report was produced on November 8 when election day was November 4. So, early voting results are available less than a week after the polls close -- which is of course several days after overall results are available.