1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your Current Level of Rage Towards the Colts/Manning.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RocketMania1991, Jan 3, 2010.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

2. Berkmaniac

Berkmaniac Member

It's our own fault we are not in the playoffs b/c of all our sorry close losses, but yes I am freaking pissed off at the stupid Colts. If they had not forfeited their game last week to the Jets, we would be in the playoffs right now. The Colts game is so frustrating because I just cannot understand why. Wouldn't they WANT to go undefeated? The injury argument is BS. It's Peyton Manning, if you benched him the whole game or benched him a half, it's not going to matter in terms of whether or not he gets enough reps. Besides he can get reps in practice. Then they play all of their key players for the first half of today's game in a freaking blizzard in Buffalo. If they were concerned about injuries, why play them today?? So frustrating. They just gave up on the game and quit.

3. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

This says it all.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-goodell-colts&prov=ap&type=lgns

While I'm happy that the league is looking into ways to keep good teams playing their starters throughout the season I don't know what to think about including additional draft picks as compensation. Why do the really good teams need to get additional draft picks since they are already great. How about them losing a late round draft pick if they decide to rest starters?

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Sure I am pissed off but in the end it is all about missed chances and mental mistakes from our players and coaches. I hope we learned from this and maybe next year we will get to rest our guys and people from other message boards can complain about us.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Not as mad as Indy fans still are, the organization is still getting roasted. The fans wanted a perfect season, and the team should have given it to them.

7. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

No one will dispute that our hands are all over this nonsense that is happening in New York right now. That said, what the colts did was BS on many different levels and yes I have hatred for them right now. My only hope is that the team feels the same way about indy and it motivates them next year when we play them. Hopefully we finally take care of them and take the division.

And yeah I'll be rooting against the colts through the playoffs.

8. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I love Manning. He's incredible. Since high school, I've made a complete 180 in my opinion of him. In the last 7 years, he's just been PHENOMENAL. I will continue to root for the Colts, and any good football fan should too. Hell, I was even rooting for Manning against the Texans (though I wasn't rooting against Houston; I would've been happy with either result).

I don't give two craps about the Texans. They're the team that plays in the city of Houston. I happen to have been born and raised in the Houston area. Great. The Oilers are my home team, and they don't exist anymore. I'm an Eagles fan (Dad's from Philly).

Given that my freakin' Eagles still play with no consistency and that McNabb looks as sleepy and out of it as T-Mac at times, there's no chance in hell they win the Super Bowl. Or even go there. Or even go to the second round of the playoffs (effing cowgirls. dallas should be burned to the ground). I'm pulling for Manning to continue his ridiculous feats of ridiculous ridiculousness.

Go Colts!

9. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Yeah all the dude does is win..........in the regular season. Go Pats! Go Chargers!

And thats with me believing Rivers is the biggest douche in the league.

10. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Exactamundo.

11. conquistador#11

True, we don't deserve to be there, but neither do the jets who defeated teams that were not playing to win the game. I would be much happier if the last playoff spot went to the chiefs just for playing the way they did.

12. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Blaming other teams for your own team's ineptitude is silly. Win games and you make the playoffs. It's pretty damn simple.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

No hatred for Indy tanking. Players need to be accountable, as do the fans imo. No excuses, the Texans had plenty of chances to take care of business and obviously came up just short. Take care of the mental mistakes next year and the Texans will be just fine. But the schedule is brutal

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't blame Manning as it was clear he wanted to play. I blame the Colts coaching staff and front office. I have some reasons....

1. That was a home game they did this. That means fans paid hundreds of dollars to see their team possibly go 15-0, only to lay down.

2. You cannot play the game to avoid injury. It's impossible. It's just as likely that Wes Welker's injury could have happened in practice as it was happening in the game. There was no contact.

3. Play to win the game. The Colts said going 16-0 wasn't a goal. Why not? Who plans to lose a game and who does that benefit? Now, they, like the Saints, are on a losing streak going into the playoffs. Would have been so bad to go 16-0 and possibly be considered on of the best of all time?

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Why blame the Colts for resting starters?

If we had won one more game, and we should have won about 3 more if we could execute in clutch situations in the 4th quarter, we would be in the playoffs.

It's on the Texans 100%

That said, good season to build upon

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

My ire towards the Colts isn't so much about the Texans. It's about basically telling their fans to f*** off. Like I said in the post above, it was a home game that they did this against the Jets. Fans paid for expensive tickets to see their team play...not Curtis Painter and the rest of the backups. When you buy tickets to a preseason game, you know what you're going to get. When you buy tickets to see a 14-0 team, you're hoping that they're going to try to get to 15-0. It was just a big ol middle finger to their fans.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am sure the Colts Fan Appreciate you dire and selfless concern for them and their spending dollar

Rocket River

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

Can't blame them just the Texans poor execution.

19. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

No rage towards the Colts or Manning, but doesn't anyone care about the integrity of the game?

I completely agree that the Texans have no one to blame but themselves for not making the playoffs. I'm not complaining in the least that we didn't.

That said, it's lame that the Jets coasted into the playoffs against 2 teams that were not playing to win. This is not the first time the playoffs have been affected by teams not trying to win their last game(s).

The league really has to address this issue (with a stick, not a carrot). Sure, one team "has earned the right" to rest their starters, but it's not just about one team. Other teams are affected, and as leroy pointed out, so are the fans. Every game should matter and the league needs to figure out a way to make sure they do.

1 person likes this.
  20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm kinda over the whole situation now, but I would love it if the Colts got b!tchslapped by karma, and lost to the Jets in the playoffs.