1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your Current Level of Rage Towards the Colts/Manning.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RocketMania1991, Jan 3, 2010.

1. RocketMania1991

Well seeing as it appears the Broncos are going to lose.
    What is the current level of Hated for Mr Manning and his fellow Colts right now.

2. pocketrocket81

not really hating Manning...I don't think it was Mannings decision to come out of that jets game.He is a great competitor.Now the coaching staff for the colts are a different story.

3. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Can't really blame them. They earned the right to make a decision like that. If we would have won ONE of those close games then we wouldnt even be in this position. Here's who I'm more mad at right now:

1) Kris Brown
    2) Jafatass Russell
    3) Willis McGahee for stiff arming the entire Raiders team to the ground
    4) Al Davis for collecting so many busts and having our playoff lives partially rest of their shoulders

4. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I hope they blow their first play-off game. The Colt offense looked bad after their first drive against the Jets. They played very sloppy and could have used the 2nd half to get back on track. They wussed out and threw the towel in 2 drives into the 2nd half. I was a big fan of Manning and the Colts(except when they play the Texans) before last week. Now I hope they get a humiliating loss to whoever plays them after their bye.

Cuck the Folts!!!

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

After what happened to Welker today can you blame them?

The Chris/Kris Brown combo is where my anger continues to reside.

6. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

I don't blame them at all. I blame our games against Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Arizona. Should have won all of them, at least one of them.

7. BucMan55

Absolutely. Like the Patriots said: If you are going to play, you play all out. Either sit your starters the whole game, or at least the 2nd half. Don't do it after a couple series. Granted Manning was hot(angry), so this goes on Caldwell. It spits in the face of something so bloody rare. I have newfound respect for Belichek for actually pushing thru to that 16-0 a few years ago.

I would be surprised if ANY team gets to 16-0. Unless there are two teams with the a similar record.

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

that makes sense, except they started Manning today. if you're gonna sit Manning in the 2nd half because you don't want him to get hurt, then what's the point of starting him in another meaningless game?

9. BucMan55

In the snow no less. If I am Caldwell I see that and say no chance.

10. Major

Major Member

To keep the players fresh. They play a few series each week to close the season. Same reason the other teams like San Diego and Arizona that had clinched played their starters for a few series. Even New England shuttled some in and out, and Cinci will probably start Palmer for a series before pulling him as well.

They aren't playing to win - they are just playing to play.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Well, every time the Colts have done this, they lose in the playoffs. I can't believe they have not learned their lesson.

12. conquistador#11

I like what I heard on football night in america, that the commissar is angry and wants to bring down those teams that rest players. I don't mind resting in week 17, but 16 that's just FUBAR. I hope the colts choke.

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Play him for a couple of quarters to keep him fresh, but treat it as a preseason game and take him out early.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The Colts did play their starters into the 2nd half. Manning, Wayne, and Clark all played one series in the 3rd quarter before coming out. Now today, they only played one quarter, but who cares about what they did vs the Bills.

15. BucMan55

How much can you stay fresh by playing in the snow?? All games will be at your place??

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wonder what Mr. Welker thinks of playing hard in a game that means nothing to your team?

Rocket River

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sorry but check the game thread today
    when Brady did not come out for the last two minutes
    there was a sense of releif and happiness.
    Almost giddiness . . . .

Let's not be hypocrits
    and celebrate when it is FOR US
    and
    b*tch when it is AGAINST Us

simply put . . the Texans should have taken care of their business

Rocket River

18. BucMan55

I wasnt in the game thread, but I was actually a little upset. I was like, WTF! I felt they were trying to cheapen our comeback by taking Brady and Moss out at the last series.

And one series in game #16 is no where near most of the 2nd half of game #15.

19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

No rage at all from me.

It hurts but it's not their fault. I don't care what the media thinks about it. They earned the right to do whatever they wanted, unlike the Texans.

20. BucMan55

Oh I am more pissed at the Texans for blowing the Jets game in week 1. But that wasn't the question of this thread.