1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

whats wrong with this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charles Jones, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

I've been watching the rockets and I've they have been my team for all my life. The problem with this years team is one person I'm not going to mention his name but when he was out the team seemed to be playing it's best ball. But now that he is back and he has the ball it seems that everyone stands there watching him and they don't understand that HE DOESN'T HAVE IT ANYMORE!!!!!

This type of basketball was ok in the years past when he was driving and shooting at a much higher percentage. But now he hardly ever drives and when he does he "YELLS" to try to get a foul called which never works. His jumper isnt the same because the lift isnt there and he hardly ever draws a double team anymore to find the open man. The Shooting Guard/Small Forward players of today (Wade, Roy, Bryant, James, Iguodala, Pierce, Allen, Ginobili, Mayo, Gay, Granger) could guard him straight up And could outscore him anytime any day.

I believe he is a great guy but if we wanna win something has to be done about this situation. And if you think im a hater or im not a REAL rockets fan for posting this OPEN YOUR EYES you have to stop believing in something that just isnt going to happen. Its time to wake up and stop reminiscing about the past he isnt an all-star he isnt a scoring champion it is what it is. I just had it with this team someone needs to step up and tell to run the offense b/c obviously the coach isnt.

-go to nba.com and see his recent articles its crazy to see how many are about injures and is he will play tonight or he is sitting out tonight

2. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

we suck on the road

3. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

I agree. Unfortunately, there are still plenty of T-Mac worshippers that will always be blind to the decline of their 6'8" guard from Mt. Zion.

4. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Mclady hasn't visited the gynecologist

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The real problems are that two of the Rockets's starters don't even need to be guarded by the other team. I won't say their names, but everybody knows who they are. 3 on 5 basketball is no fun.

6. Ashes

Ashes Member

Actually, there's more.

Rafer's consistent inconsistency.
    Battier.
    Artest's streaky nature and friction with T-Mac, thus breeding more friction.
    Questionable, I dare not say poor, coaching decision's in various situations.
    Not giving more minutes to player that deserve them, namely, Wafer.

All those thrown right in there with the T-Mac issue, in no particular order. If you think it's just T-Mac, you're blind.

7. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

you must be talking about Shane and Tracy because scola yao and rafer bring it everynight

And Shane's game depends of Tracy if u have watch games in the past hardly ever did the offense call shane's number he got all his points when tracy ran a high pick and roll turned the corner DRAWED the double teams and found Shane open is the corner but now tracy CANT turn the corner so the defense doesnt move off of shane which makes it impossible for him to score.

8. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

Like I said before Battier's game DEPENDS on tmac. so u can cross #2 out Artest is playing great off the bench i love that line up with him brooks landry wafer and hayes because he can let loose but if u put him in with tmac he seems to passive because he knows its TRACYs TEAM which isnt true anymore. Coaching decision i agree with u on and rafer's inconsistency is something we all know is going to be there we have accepted it before because tracys game was MUCH BETTER in years before but now with Tmac not having IT anymore is focuses on others in particular RAFER.

9. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

It begins and ends with Coaching. We can jump all over Rafers shot selection, Grady being a biah, Ron's attitude, Shane not doing a darn thing, but it all comes back to the coach. With a lack of leadership, the coach should step in and step up. He hasn't. He's done a horrible job of coaching the talent and putting together good rotations.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What is wrong with this team?

C
    H
    E
    M
    I
    S
    T
    R
    Y

They don't like each other, you can see it in their body language on and off the court.

DD

11. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

If you go watch the final score on FSN, they're about to tell us...

the title of the clips "laugh it up"

12. ibm

ibm Member

exactly what i've been saying. and usually this is the toughest kind of problem a team can have for a season.

yao is still our best chance imo. i mean to build around yao and break this #1-#11 combo. yao lacks leadership (at least on this team), but the best we've got this year is when we won 6 out of 7 and gave the lakers a good run - all when mcgrady was out.

not a great shot to save the season, but a shot to do better than last year nonetheless.

13. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

I understand chemistry is missing but how do u develop that by having a LEADER and no not the coach. The best player on the team is the leader and maybe the problem is that everyone looks at McGrady as the best player and he doesnt look at himself as the best. Artest doesnt want to step up bc he is new Yao doesnt want to either because he is too passive(cultural) so that leaves McGrady and he doesnt want be the leader. And all the other players are role players

14. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

it's easy, defense..........you're gonna have bad shooting nights, but if you play defense, good defense that is, not only do you hold them down, it'll lead to offense.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They don't LIKE each other, therefore they don't ROTATE over to help on defense.

Just watch the body language out there between Tmac and Ron....it is friggen obvious.

DD

16. mms

mms Member

I agree. One of them must go.

17. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

Its not that I think Tmac is this badass player that will save the day every time. Its that I'm tired of hearing people b**** about him. He's obviously not an all-star anymore, so what?

18. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Tracy or Artest needs to go. It's just not working and that aint gonna change.

19. King901

King901 Member

Agreed 100%

20. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

he is not an allstar but everyone still thinks he is even his teammates and instead of taking the ball out of his hands they all just watch him as if is lebron or something thats is the problem building a team around a injury prone allstar. If u trade him(which isnt possible) you will see an entirely different team