1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's wrong with our superstar and will he get his mojo back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Jan 30, 2020.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I don't know how much say Morey has, especially these days. I wouldn't be surprised if Harden insisted on playing, and I would not be surprised of D'Antoni did not object.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

MDA needs to nut up and actually do his ****ing job. Tell James he's sitting until the ASG, and the decision is final. If James isn't going to realize his game is suffering, then MDA needs to do it for him. I'm sick of the complacency and lack of fire this team has demonstrated outside of Westbrook. Russ must be wondering why he agreed to join this group of neutered dogs. MDA's laid back attitude and "aw shucks" mentality has inundated the entire roster, not to mention his inability to actually play guys consistently. This roster isn't the most talented (and that's Tilman's fault 100%), but we certainly have enough to still be a winning team without James being out there for 40+ minutes every night.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol you know if hes traded to LA hes winning next 4 titles and MVPs
    gotta admire harden for not forcing his way to LA

DeBeards likes this.
  4. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

you’re missing the context. I’m not saying he’s not amazing.

I’m saying he’s not the guy to get you a championship. Cuz you need a guy with hardens skill and PJs mentality.

unfortunately harden doesn’t have that

SWTsig likes this.
  5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Lol please, just because the guy isn’t pounding his chest every time down the court doesn’t mean he’s not passionate. Magic, Billups, Duncan, Olajuwon, Curry they’re all mild mannered they just had a great supporting cast to get them over the hump.
    Either way Harden is going thru a lot recently, I’m not bashing the dude for a bad month after 7 years of carrying a bunch of G leaguer and waiver pick ups.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

I don't have the answer(s). Could be rest. Give time for thigh bruise to physically heal, then mentally not worry about injuring it further.

Harden will return and be like
    [​IMG]

#66 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    DeBeards likes this.
  7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I do find it interesting that through the first 25-30 games when Westbrook was actively hurting us on most nights there was little to no talk of resting him until he is 100% ready to comeback from his surgery. No talk about Westbrook being too stubborn or selfish to sit when he clearly was off. In fact any talk of his poor play early on and one of the top excuses offered was his off-season surgery and that he just needed time.

Meanwhile during that 25-30 games Harden was scoring 40 on the best efficiency of his life.

Now Harden has a few bad weeks and well....

If you ask me it appears there are WAYYY more posters than I originally thought who really just can’t stand the guy but have remained mostly quiet because of his years of dominance. First sign of weakness and they have found there moment to come out with full force. And on top of it you are starting to see some keep Westbrook dump Harden posts.... Unreal. Have these people been watching basketball the last 5 years?

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he's hurt he should be smart enough to do what is best for both him and the team. How the coach can be so blah blah about it all is another problem. I mean, in one post game interview he was asked if James is hurt. His answer was that he didn't know. James hadn't said he was. Ask him!!! Be blunt, and take control you soft pushover.

As for the lovers and haters it stems from lots of stuff obviously, but personal preferences are just that. I never enjoyed watching ISO and dribble dribble slow ball. Some love it. James is great, but personal stats don't make the game more fun to watch for everyone. There were many times I enjoyed watching the bench come in, just for the hustle and change of pace. Stand around and watch James try to do all isn't entertaining for everyone.

#68 deb4rockets, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    hakeem94 likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There's an old mantra among sports execs that you always take the established superstar over the potential one. That being said, I don't want Booker.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

two of those three guys are hurt right now. That’s the problem more than “fit.”

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

it was still an issue when they weren't "hurt"

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

So Russ is the piece that doesn’t fit, Right?

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Does playing hurt make your basketball IQ go down? Because the dumb turnovers & shot selection are what really hurt us. You guys are making excuses for this guy & it's why he can continue pouting

J.R. likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

this team was built to play a certain way. the minute you bring in another piece that isn't an ideal fit, that goes out the window. this team is basically okc from last year and not actually hou. going from cp3 to wb you have completely different guys that would ideally complement them and the team as a whole.

17. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

So Russ is the reason we’re losing games? When the last couple months Harden has been terrible and the shooters can’t make shots. How is the WB fault? He’s getting shooters open shots and they’re missing. So you’re right. It’s just like OKC no reliable shooters. Once against the excuse game for James. He had Cp3 and still couldn’t get passed a KD-Less warrior team. How’s y’all blame for that? Oh yeah Cp3. Lmaoooo

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can take your pick on what piece(s) doesn't exactly fit. it's a domino effect. you're making it about a cp3/wb thing. it really isn't. if you're set on wb being your focal point next to harden, someone can say capela isn't a fit now bc harden needs 4 guys on the floor next to him to maximize his play on the floor. and that's correct bc every lineup since hes been here with 4 guys who can space the floor has produced the best results. but again the reason why that is so, is the change from cp3 to wb. thats just 1 example

harold bingo likes this.
  19. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

So basically you need 4 guys in the floor willing to watch him dribble the air out the ball and spot up? How many all time greats have to tell you, you’re not going to win a title like that, before you pay attention?

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can call it that but that's still pretty much what is happening now. and last i checked that had it's most success since hes been here. he commands that much attention. that's no secret.

wb is having his games and it still doesn't translate to winning. so that isn't winning either