1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's up with the hesitation shots by Courtney Lee?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KALIKULI, Feb 2, 2011.

Tags:
  1. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Courtney Lee has some interesting perscentage of accuracy on the 3 point lane, but he is not utilizing that well enough. I got nothing against Courtney but he just need to show up every night in and night out! The guy has skills and he gets paid to do this things!

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So you think he smells interesting? :confused:

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I don't think he's going to play enough to ever really get into a rhythm, especially if Brooks starts playing better and getting more minutes. Currently Lee's barely getting 15 minutes a game.

#3 DCkid, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Duplicate Post

#4 DCkid, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  5. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

I agree. I'd like to see him get more minutes and get his confidence up, hopefully that will put an end to him second guessing himself. Last night he could have had a monster dunk but got fouled taking a layup instead.

He definitely has the skills to be a starter, once he gets more confident and aggressive he's gonna be lethal

6. alethios

alethios Member

CL is just a microcosm of the greater issues that befall the Rockets. Namely, too much hesitation and passiveness or playing wildly erratic (not within themselves). There is a lack of team confidence or even swagger that rears its ugly head many times during a game.

1 person likes this.
  7. AggieRocketsFan

A trade to the Bulls is always available.

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Just another embarrassment of a trade done by Morey with egg on his face. Courtney adds no wins or minutes to team Lee. Ariza on Western conference playoff team with potential to go far in playoffs. You see where this is going? Another opposite direction trade or non trade Morey did or didnt do. Two teams involved? Rockets lose out again somehow.

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I read somewhere that the Rockets either asked or would ask for Gibson or Asik and a #1.

10. AggieRocketsFan

Does Asik have the potential to be a quality center? I haven't seen enough from him...

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I think he does, dude has a nice wingspan and can, at the very worst, be a legit defender but it would take time. Decent offensive game but nowhere near ready to depend on it. He would be a project but someone that could payoff as early as late next season.

12. AggieRocketsFan

Or if we worked a 3-team trade the Clippers might want Deng at SF and could send us Kaman as well.

13. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

Asik and their Bobcats pick for Courtney Lee! Sometimes teams give up more than their fair share of value for the chance to win right now (see Rudy Gay for Shane Battier). The Bulls really need a 2 guard, like Lee a whole lot, and don't have many options right now. I would be thrilled if we could pull this off.

14. davestrate

davestrate Member

Lets include him in a package for Luol Deng and/or Taj Gibson.

15. AggieRocketsFan

Luol Deng has a terrible contract so that won't happen. Gibson would be nice but it would just contribute to the PF logjam.

That is why I am thinking we would probably have to add another team into the mix.

16. Defy9

Defy9 Member

Original Poster - What's up with Courtney Lee's Jumpshot?

CF Repliers - Lets trade him for _________