1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whats up with Drew?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Azim da Dream, Aug 24, 2000.

1. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Lost in all this hoopla of re-signing the Cat and the never-ending Mo Taylor threads, is our very own little Macualay Caulkin - Bryce Drew. Ever since the '99-'00 season ended, we have all pretty much assumed BD would not be on the '00-'01 Houston Rockets roster. The backcourt simply does not have enough room for him to maximize his promising potential, and Moochie Norris is simply a better fit for the team - not necessarily a better player. With our best player playing his position, Norris and Mobley's ability to play the point in emergency situations, there simply is no room for Drew, and putting him on the IR is simply a waste of talent and trade value. So how and where is Drew going to get traded? Or will Rudy T just keep him for insurance until the right deal comes up? If we have any chance of acquiring Brad Miller, will Bryce be a part of it? I'm sure there is a market for young, sweet shooting players who can play two positions and run the pick-and-roll effectively.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    We don't live for the destination. We live for the journey.

2. treeman

treeman Member

There seem to be alot of people here who think Bryce sux. I don't buy that. I've seen flashes of what he can do. Remember the NBC Lakers game when we were down around the half? That little white boy (no insult intended) came in and singlehandedly got us back into the game. Everyone saw that, including enemy GMs, scouts, etc...

He's got potential. He's just young and relatively inexperienced, and staying here isn't going to help that - especially since there's no PT for him here.

The Hornets might want him. But they might want someone else, too...

------------------

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

I thought he was real busy in the offseason recording a solo album and applying for roles in any more Home Alone sequels.

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent

4. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

Another Bryce Drew fan, finally. What people don't remember is that when Francis missed 2 games because he sprained his ankle or something, Bryce scored twenty points in two games in a row (Against the T-Wolves and Pistons). The Rockets don't need him a lot so I think he'll be gone in Houston next year. In the first game of this year's Rocky Mnt Revue he scored two points I do beleive and shot quite a bit. But in the 99 RMR Drew had 28 points in one game. Bryce Drew has an official site if you want to see is the url is www.brycedrewdirect.com.

------------------
    www.Rockets2000.net

5. treeman

treeman Member

Not a fan. Just someone who realizes his trade value - and his need to exit Houston.

------------------

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Maybe Chicago wants him, now that they let Maloney go.

Or maybe Vancouver wants him, now that they let Price go.

------------------

7. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Training Camp opens October 3. How about
    trading Drew to the Lakers for their
    second round pick. Thats about the best you will get for Drew.