1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's up with D Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by babyface44, Apr 9, 2014.

1. babyface44

babyface44 Member

I thought he said his ankle injury wasn't serious. I was thinking maybe he was faking the injury to give Asik more time. However, I don't think anyone would jeopardize their stats or career for another player to shine. Should we be concerned?

2. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Nice thread. What is he jeopardizing? Houston pretty much has the 4 seed locked up, so there is no need for him to be out there right now. Rest up for the playoffs.

3. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

4. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

One of the TNT guys said he may have a bone spur and may need surgery after the season.

5. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

He has been listed as a game-time decision for the past week, so one can assume he would play if the race for HCA was closer.

Chris Webber said he still suffers from the back injury last night... [​IMG]

6. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Yeah, I did a double take at that. Was that completely irresponsible speculation or is there some factual basis for that anyone has heard of?

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

how does a tnt guy know more than us? probably bs

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure the team is just playing it safe. Morey has said that Dwight would've suited up for these recent games had they been in the playoffs, but with the 4th seed looking likely(and the 3rd seed very improbable) and Asik holding down the fort in his absence, why risk reaggravating the injury?

9. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

He can play, but we're resting him, should do the same with Harden n Parsons. 4th spot is locked (we just need 2 more wins)

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Agreed. Little left to play for other than keeping fresh and getting the bench playing time in case they're needed later. Get Howard some minutes in the last couple, but he won't need much to be ready for the playoffs. Just get the rust off so he can be ready to dominate Portlandia.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Are we seeing the Ewing Theory in effect?

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

What? No. The rockets have a soft schedule right now, and they would have improved in wins from last season to this one just based off experience alone. The lineup that is playing right now is the same team we had last season with Tjones starting. Don't underestimate Dwight's importance to our team. Asik is integral to our playoff success but he is not Dwight Howard.

13. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

when you think about why would they need to lie and hide something? we're sorta locked into the 4th position, the schedule is weak, our backup center has been rusty all season and has been using these extended minutes to get his game right. there are too many benefits to him sitting out right now for me to think they are hiding something.

#13 hashmander, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  14. Solaris

Solaris Member

Dwight is injury prone. Nothing new about that. Good thing our real superstar Harden is balling. We are fine as long we have Asik and Harden playing.

15. boiler

boiler Member

If he sits out for too long, he would get rusty.

16. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Bev gets injured. Howard gets injured. And our starting lineup still looks like it's untouched.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Injury prone?

Dwight has had only one significant injury in his career.

He's been the healthiest Rocket this season.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That is news to me. You better check his 10 year record in the NBA. Dude has been nothing but a work horse save for his back injury year. Smh...

19. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

We still need a healthy Dwight Howard to take us to finals...

20. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

nothing the last 2 games of the season can't fix. if they kept him out completely until the playoffs then i'd believe they are hiding something. if it's just a precaution then we should see him in the last few games.