1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whats the deal with Kandi man?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman, Feb 10, 2000.

1. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

Ok I'm not going to bash any trade involving Kandi to Houston, but I dont' know why everyone is so hyped on getting him here.....

Its hard to develop a raw talent, look at Cato, its been 3 years. We have a future in developing Cato to a great Center in my opinion. Now to Develop both Cato AND Kandi man would be a very impressive feat. I don't know how we would do it.

Another thing.... Kandi man starts in LA, if he comes to Houston we will have too deep of a frontcourt. Pig, Cato, Hakeem, Kenny, and Kandi will all play frontcourt. Meaning that Kenny or Pig would have to take some time out. I don't want either of that cause I think Pig can be a great rebounder in this league and I also believe Kenny will be the second coming of Charles Barkley.

In my opinion Kandi is not a good deal because even when Hakeem leaves they will still have trouble shuffling minutes around.

I believe the Rockets have 1 project player--Pig, a developing player--Cato, and a blossiming Rookie PF--Kenny.

I don't think that adding 1 more developing player is going to help the Rockets when it comes to who plays when the game is on the line, who starts, and etc. Also, no one even considers what the Rockets do when Rogers comes back.... he was a force to be reckoned with and played awesome. That just adds another frontcourt player unless he plays SF (which would be my preference)...

I guess I have more questions than answers.

--Rocketman

2. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Sorry Pig fans, but Miller does not fit into our longterm plans, and should not be a reason to kill any deal. I think any good team should be 3 big men deep. A deal like this would give us a deep, young, big man crop, with flexibility.

2 projects - Cato and Kandi
    Already proven - Kenny Thomas
    Centers - Cato, Kandi
    Power forwards - Cato, Kandi, Thomas
    Legend on Last Legs - Dream

Hakeem does not count in this equation seeing that we only have one more year left with him. We're in no hurry, we have all the time in the world that we need to develop Kandi and Cato. Besides, it's not like we will be dumping the ball into the post for them. In this guard oriented offense, their roles are to play D, and clean the glass. Thomas gives us that much more flexibility with his versatility. He can also play spot minutes at the small forward. 3 men deep, re-sign all with Bird's rights, I see no problem.

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Well, there is one problem:

Kandi can't run.

Have you seen this guy run the floor? Hakeem still could run circles around him. T-Ham could probably...naw, nevermind. But seriously, are we going to run, or are we going to play (and I quote) Clipperiferous basketball?