1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's new in Houston?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Prempeh, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

So it's been a long 3 years since I've been back to Texas, but finally I will be making the trip over the Christmas holidays - a good six weeks of vacation with my wife and our 19-month old boy.

Most of the time we'll be in Houston but we'll also be doing a roadie up to Austin.

What do you guys recommend in the way of new restaurants, attractions, etc that I've been missing out on the past 3 years?

1 person likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I10. Drive down I10. More lanes than God now.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hey Prempeh - long time no see. Are you still in the Seychelles? :)

4. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

Hey Sir Jackie! Yep still in Seychelles...can't believe it's been 8 years already...

So I-10 is finished now? Last I was there it was utter chaos...

5. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

Bellaire is crazy now as well. It is basically the new chinatown. Welcome back hope you have fun.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

So if I understand this correctly, you are coming from Seychelles to vacation in Houston? :confused:

7. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I must google this Seychelles that you speak of...

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The new CityCentre is the t***. I-10 west and the beltway. Cool restaurants in an awesome outdoor setting.

9. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

"New" Chinatown?

Yes, I-10 is awesome and CityCentre is cool, too. Actually, CityCentre, Memorial City Mall, Hermann Hospital....the whole area is pretty insane now. Not that it's necessarily a tourist-y thing to do, but it's still pretty cool.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Seychelles:

[​IMG]

Houston:

[​IMG]

Tough choice.

11. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

have you not been to bellaire? or have you not been to the old chinatown that used to be in downtown?

12. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Advantage Seychelles.

13. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

A vacation is about getting away, no? As much as we love it here, funnily enough you need to get out of dodge from time to time - the island fever thing is for real ;) And I've still never adjusted to sweating my arse off on Christmas morning while opening presents...so we're looking forward to some cooler weather and the change of pace...

We'll be in the Spring Branch area so good to know a lot has sprung up around there...just googled CityCentre - this is where Town & Country used to be way back in the day...

One of the things I miss most is the Tex-Mex - we're definitely going to do Guadalajara (my fav in H-town) but any authentic hidden gems out there that y'all know of?

Also want to find stuff to entertain the little man...def going to do the zoo, children's museum, etc but any new attractions out there that Clutchparents recommend for kids?

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You've probably already visited the place, but if you haven't, Space Center Houston is a blast for kids. http://www.spacecenter.org/

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Ice skating rink just opened at Discovery Green

http://www.discoverygreen.com/