1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Michael Beasleys ceiling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Hardashian, Jul 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. thejav

thejav Member

My thoughts exactly..

2. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Michael Beasly was made for A Dantoni basketball team. He has been mentally preparing his ehile career for the opportunity he has been given in Houston. Watch this year is the year of Michael Beasly.

3. hakeemthagreat

I'm not sure if you're serious

Beasley athletic-similar

Beasley hybrid SF/PF- Can handle the ball and take most PF's off the dribble like Marion. Both can attack in the open court

Beasley midrange-Marion was a midrange player and so is Beasley. Both get their shots off midrange shots

Beasley poor 3pt shooter- Both weren't particularly good 3pt shooters

The only difference is Marion was a more committed defensive player. Beasley has yet to show he can defense multiple positions, though he was the talent to.

4. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I think we will see a different Beasley this coming season. He is working out in Houston now with the team (so he will know what we need from him and can work on those skills), will have a full training camp with the team to build chemistry and recognize his fit, and will be in a system that seems to fit with his skillset. I think having him come off the bench for scoring will be good for him. When he is on, he is a real threat. I think he knows this is his last shot at sticking and getting a good contract next season so I would think his focus is there. We will see.

5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

beasley has to know if he balls out this year (and consequently if MDA gives him minutes) he will be in for a massive pay day.

6. Moahst

Moahst Member

Amen. Beasley's run last season in Houston is the best version of himself. He will score the ball shamelessly and provide a punch of offense off the bench.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think he's more concerned with just staying in the league. Right now he showed that he wouldn't look good even against Summer League competition and he was the 3rd worst player on the Rockets Roster last season. While some people are hyping him up, I'm sure he's just trying to keep getting those paychecks.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

He'll never average more than 13ppg for the rest of his career.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Not really. Beasley isn't a willing runner. He likes to walk/jog up and down. That doesn't work for a D'Antoni offense. You need to run hard. Beasley has never and will never be a hard runner. He also doesn't move the ball at all. As soon as he touches it, he's only got scoring on his mind and everyone stands around watching him.

10. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Have you ever seen prime Marion play? They are nothing alike. Saying Beasley is as athletic as Marion is just idiotic. Don't even compare Beasley ass defense to Marion's. Dude was a walking double double with shut down defense.

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

If given starter minutes I'd say max 14 and 7 with 2.7 assists and shooting. 432 fg% and. 327 3p%. Is that precise enough?

12. csc177

csc177 Member

I stumbled across this mix on youtube earlier today. It gets me pumped that we have this dude for another year. I think he's one bright spot that will excel in Pringles' system. This dude is a stud, a flat out scorer -- just never could put it all together.

I see Bease as a Shawn Marion type player on this team.

Can someone please embed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kqlFdcVnYw

13. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I was totally feeling that, too. The problem with Beas, besides his obvious immaturity, is that he's not a 4 and he's not a 3 and he can't shoot, things that were said about Marion.

If he can be 70% of Marion for 20 minutes off the bench, he'd be an amazing asset for us. He needs to commit to defense, he needs to PASS THE BALL and understand that there are other options on the floor, and he needs to shoot 1,000 corner threes a day until opening tip of game 1.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

His ceiling is through the roof.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

homey even went and got his nails done for the photoshoot

J.R. likes this.